PDA

View Full Version : Joe Freaking Gibbs is Back!!!

TopCat
01-07-2004, 06:01 PM
Being born in the DC area, and living most of my life here, Joe Gibbs is damn near a mythical figure. Following as the news developed here today as Gibbs has signed to come back and take over the Redskins was absolutely incredible. It's been more than a decade since I was this excited at this point during the playoffs. Mostly because only once in the past 11 years have the Skins even been playing!

Can't wait to renew the Gibbs v Parcells rivalry. The Dallas/Redskins rivalry will mean something again immediately.

Freaking Finally!!!

Class of 1990
01-09-2004, 11:24 PM
Yes,

I am excited and cautious about the move.

He is already putting together a great staff. They need defensive line help immediately.

But is the fire there for the up and downs beyond the 2004 reg season.
________
Jaguar ss100 specifications (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Jaguar_SS100)

TopCat
01-12-2004, 04:34 AM
Caution to the wind...

Gibbs is a winner. This town will give Gibbs the time to operate. It would be disastrous for Snyder to give anything less than full support to Gibbs and let him operate.

Frankly, I absolutely think in 2 years the Redskins will be a serious player in the NFL. There is a ton of talent on our roster, far more than when Gibbs first showed up in town. There are a couple of areas that need to be addressed, but there is a solid level of talent in most of the skill positions.

What I'm truly looking forward to seeing is the offense that Gibbs will install. I think it will be just as effective as it was a dozen years ago.

The thing I loved about Gibb's system was the multiple shifts before the snap. It was designed to expose the defensive scheme. That should put our offense in situations they haven't experienced in the last 12 years. Taking it to the defense. Attacking the defense.

I'm looking forward to the next few years. How can you not?

There is no current coach in the NFL that has three Super Bowl rings, or the winning percentage that Gibbs has. Gibbs has never been see for what he really is. One of the top 5 NFL coaches, all time.

This guy is a winner.