PDA

View Full Version : ALMOST as good as the UA win last night...

killervibe
01-23-2004, 11:42 AM
Lakers Lose Again! (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/basketball/nba/01/23/lakers.mavericks.ap/?cnn=yes)

Muahahaha

Merkin
01-23-2004, 11:47 AM
Dude, your rootin' against Luke's team!

NewportCat
01-23-2004, 12:17 PM
THREE, THREE Hall of Famers out of the line-up you would think the lakers would have some problems right now.

But killervibe, all of this will bite you in the ass when everyone comes back healthy and strong and the lakers when the whole thing. Do you really think when malone, shaq, and kobe are all healthy any team will have a shot at beating them in a 7 game series????

I will answer for you, NO

WildcatPaulG
01-23-2004, 12:37 PM
And my answer is... yes. The Kings have the best record in the NBA right now WITHOUT C-Webb in the line-up. When he comes back, they could take the Lakers.

killervibe
01-23-2004, 12:51 PM
Newport-

You are correct, NO. No chance they will win it all this year, none. Dont get me wrong, they have done a good job of trying to buy a championship this year but it wont happen. In the NBA, late 30's and 40's is old. Do you imagine that they will all magically be healthy come playoffs? Nope, just like now they will have issues with injuries, its the nature of the game. When that happens they will be playing just as they are now.

Whats going to happen next year when they dont win a championship, decide to shed Malone/Payton to go younger and Kobe is in jail? Shaq's big toe will continue to hurt and he will sit out another 20+ games and that will be the final nail to mark the end of the dynasty. Plus, we both know Jackson will only coach superstars. Do you honestly think he will stick around to help rebuild them? NOPE.

azbaby22
01-23-2004, 01:35 PM
Newport, babe, you know I have your back on some things, but the Lakers?! Come on. You KNOW in your heart that they became a "bought" team this year. They are nothing more than a bunch of overpaid egotistical superstars, that thought by making a half-#$ssed dream team, they could win.

First off, there was only ONE real dream team....1992, and the Lakers team is NO WHERE near that.

I agree....other teams have learned to gel together by the playoffs, and the Lakers will just be a team with four superstars who all want the ball to prove they are the "daddy mac" and can win a game. You wold be able to see it on thier faces if they truly played as a team.

Now, I KNOW I am a HUGE Yankees fan, and that is sometimes considered by some aliens in outerspace a "bought" team, but at least when Jeter, Soriano and Williams went down the team still bonded together and won throughout the season.

Nine games in a row....I am NOT saying they cannot rebound, but if you looked at the look on Gary Payton's face last night you will see.....this team cannot BUY a basket right now, with or without the superstars. Playoff time, once again, my game tickets are on the Kings....with a healthy C-Webb.

killervibe
01-23-2004, 03:08 PM
I see this has been sent to the dead posts board.

dee1three
01-23-2004, 05:22 PM
I don's see how the Lakers are "buying" thier chanpionship. Both of the new superstar additions took HUGE paycuts to play for the Lakers, its not like the Yankees where 'brener just empties his pockets to get the best talent around.

Another thing, Kobe will not be in jail next year, the chances of that are slimmer than the Clippers winning it all this year.