PDA

View Full Version : For those who hate the Yankees, they just acquired A-ROD!!!

Irish27
02-14-2004, 06:50 PM
This according to CBS Sportsline. It says the Yankees and Rangers have agreed in terms to deal A-Rod to NY for Soriano and a minor-league player. George will be paying the luxury tax forever.

LegallyKenny
02-14-2004, 07:27 PM
I hadn't seen a confirmation yet, just the speculation. Now, will Torre be assertive enough to tell Jeter, Steinbrenner and the legions of ******* fans to shut the hell up and deal with Jeter playing 3rd? There is no question that Rodriguez is the better fielding shortstop, and he certainly wants his legacy of being the greatest shortsop in history. That'll be a fun situation to watch through spring training.

TLzonafan
02-14-2004, 07:55 PM
The deal is not official because mlb still has to approve it. From what I heard on sportscenter Rodriguez will definitely be playing third base.

BlueMikey
02-14-2004, 09:46 PM
Weird to see this in the basketball forum.

Is there any reason to watch baseball anymore? It's all a big yawn, who cares? Nothing like one team spending a hundred million more a year than other teams on players.

I wish they'd go back to the 4-team playoff system so the season would be shorter and they'd just be done with the whole thing. I'm tired of it taking up Sportscenter all summer long. Dead air would be just as exciting, and those are the highlights.