PDA

View Full Version : New Thread for GoAzcats League--Voting

Bibby4President
04-01-2004, 08:04 PM
This thread will be just for voting and will help us keep it all straight.

1)Scoring: You have three options to choose from. They are

TRADITIONAL ROTISSERIE: AVG, HR, RBI, SB, W, SV, ERA, WHIP

5 X 5: AVG, Runs, HR, RBI, SB, W, SV, SO(Pitching), ERA, WHIP

SABERMETRICS: R, RBI, OBP, SLG, W, SV, ERA, WHIP

2) Do you want to be able to pick up free agents only on Monday or anyday of the week. I think we are in agreement about limiting it to 1 or 2 transactions per week. Someone also mentioned having unlimited for the 1st month.

3) IL--Do you want unlimited or limited. If limited lists number of players

I think that it is...If more comes up we can add to this thread.

Bibby4President
04-01-2004, 08:05 PM
I'll start

1)5 x 5

2)Anytime during the week and only 1 per week. I think having unlimited for the first one or two weeks would be good. Everyone would have a chance to really set their team in stone, barring injuries.

3) I say that you can have no more than 2 people on the IL

Bibby4President
04-01-2004, 08:12 PM
From the other thread we have the following votes:

Flem4Heisman, Calicat, and myself have voted for 5 x5

Morgan and stewback have voted for Sabermetrics

Morgan
04-01-2004, 08:12 PM
I think in the Yahoo league it automatically locks up the roster for a week. So once a player has played you can sub out a pitcher for the next day if that is what you are worried about.

1) I still vote for Sabermetrics.

2) I think all rosters should be locked for the week on Monday before the games start. What I mean is that you can put a player on the bench for that week or play him but you have to decide on monday before the lock time.

3) I vote for unlimited because even if a guy goes on a one week run you probably won't benefit. I don't know what the options are but in another league I heard they subtract 10 points for ever move you make except trades. Trades I definitely don't think we should limit.

In the end if the commish wants to rule on these things that is his job.

Bibby4President
04-01-2004, 08:14 PM
Morgan--trades are definately unlimited

And I won't make any decisions without asking everyone first. The only time will be if no one votes or responds to something we need to change. I want this to be fun for everyone and make it as competitive as can be.

Mustache Man
04-01-2004, 08:43 PM
1) I vote for sabermetrics...I think AVG is totally overrated.

2) I'm for setting the lineups for the week by Monday...otherwise, this will become a league of who can set their lineup everyday. I think transactions should also be limited to 1 per week...maybe they process every Sunday, or something like that, but you can make them anytime.

3) 2 person max on IL...any more and you are just stashing away injured players.

Bibby4President
04-01-2004, 08:47 PM
Mustache

To respond to your answer to #2

I don't think you have to have your entire roster set for the whole week by Monday...I believe that you can't pick up any FA after Mon. You can change who is benched and starting anytime during the week.

Bibby4President
04-01-2004, 08:50 PM
Is everyone cool with the way the roster is setup

You play normal 8 positions w/Utility. You have 3 SP, 2 Rp, and 2 P
You then have 5 bench players.

This can be voted on as well. Also is everyone cool with Head 2 head or do you want rotiss

ZONACAT
04-01-2004, 09:12 PM
1) 5x5 roto
2) Anytime during the week, only one transaction.
3) I think we should have the ability to store 4 on the IL.:D

Iningo_Montoya
04-01-2004, 10:20 PM
5x5

One Transaction per week and only being able to change your on Monday

One space on the IR otherwise people will store everyone

WilmasPimp
04-01-2004, 10:32 PM
I'm not in the league, it's full, but if I was I would be adamant about using a 4X4 league. 5X5 leagues are all about who throws the most innings and gets the most ABs. Much more strategy in a 4X4 league. Roto was built on 4x4 and it's still the scoring system of choice for traditional and elite leagues.

stewbacka
04-01-2004, 11:47 PM
People,
sabremetrics, move lineup daily with unlimited transactions, unlimited DL if they are on the MLB DL.
If you have 5 guys go on the DL in a month you have to cut 3?Just make it so you can't pick up injured players but if any of you players are of the MLB DL they can be the Fantasy DL. Why have a bench if we are so worried about storing players? Its been a while since I have been in a league without set up rules but from my experience limited transactions and the DL will only cause people to lose interest. What if you have guys off to slow starts or are hurt? Tough luck? Let people have the freedom to manage their roster. Otherwise you more like a fan of the team then the decision maker.

Bibby4President
04-01-2004, 11:51 PM
because if you have unlimited dl spots you can have as many people on the dl as you want and your 5 bench spots..And if those people on the dl are better than your bench you just keep them until they are healthy...And that's not fair. It should be first come first serve.

stewbacka
04-01-2004, 11:57 PM
Lose the bench then. That way you are only holding injured guys. Maybe it 's because I never been in a league with a bench for baseball. But it seems incrediby short sighted to think that have a bunch of your player hurt is a benefit. Its 12 team league. There will be little FA's available if you have a bench. Having a DL does help increase players. Because when an injured player comes back you have to cut someone.

Is there anyone who was left out? I don't want to sound like a baby but since I can't make the draft in person, I don't want to be in a league were I might have to cut good players after the draft that I never would have picked.

Bibby4President
04-01-2004, 11:59 PM
why would you not have a bench...Wouldn't you want to fill all fielding positions everyday(if you can)...You would have a better chance of winning

I have played for about 5 years now and have never heard of playing without a bench..Even my keeper league has a bench

stewbacka
04-02-2004, 12:04 AM
bench because you play everyone. Plus its baseball the only off days are monday and thursday. The amount of games in a week or almost always the same. Its not like the NBA fantasy leagues I have been in

Irish27
04-02-2004, 12:18 AM
Here are my opinions. I like sabremetrics. I think we should only have 2, 3 max, bench players. I don't like the head to head matchup because there will be times when guys will just quit and it does not make it fair for others. Go with the rotiss. The rest of the options I don't care what is decided.

Morgan
04-02-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Irish27
Here are my opinions. I like sabremetrics. I think we should only have 2, 3 max, bench players. I don't like the head to head matchup because there will be times when guys will just quit and it does not make it fair for others. Go with the rotiss. The rest of the options I don't care what is decided.

Irish makes a good point about the head to head. I go for Rotiss.

Bibby4President
04-02-2004, 12:55 AM
I will change to rotiss b/c I think most people want that.

Now lets take an official vote on the rosters:

How about this:
All eight fielding positions
--3 players on bench
2 DL--1 batter, 1 pitcher( I wouldn't be able to break it down like this but it would just be known amongst the league..Just like the 1 free agent per week)

3 SP
2 RP

How's this sound

stewbacka
04-02-2004, 01:33 AM
I am cool with rotiss since I have not done that 1988. You don't need a bench in rotiss IMO. I would count everyone numbers one the active roster for the week. That keeps people for having injured guys on it and is my reasoning for having as many DL players as required. To be on the DL you have to be on the real MLB DL. The yahoo site clearly marks these. Once a player is off the DL you have to activate or cut him within 3 days. If somebody has 3-4 guys on the DL they aren't necessarily going to be better or have an advantage. Why would you trade for a guy you know he has to cut? IMO having unlimited pickups helps interest. If you want to limit pickups, I have done it where every monday and thursday(the usual off days between series) players become available for pickup. A team had 1 move and unlimited DL moves. Moves were first come first serve. Just a thought.

Mustache Man
04-02-2004, 11:30 AM
There seems to be some more interest in the league...would anyone be opposed to expanding the number of teams to 14 or 16? I think it would make it more competitive...

Iningo_Montoya
04-02-2004, 04:48 PM
I'm up for expanding it. Get WP and whoever else is interested in.

Bibby4President
04-03-2004, 02:40 PM
see post below...stupid dial up

Bibby4President
04-03-2004, 02:42 PM
So how many more spots do we need?

And right now the 5 x 5(me, Flem, Cali, ZonaCat, Indigo) has one more vote than sabre(Morgan, Stewback, Mustache Man, Irish)

And it's tied on whether you can pick up 1 free agent anytime during the week or just on Monday

And it pretty unanimous(sp?) on having a limited DL and 2 seems to be the common number.

Once again I will wait until tomorrow to change the settings. I have softball practice at noon(central) so I will probably change this about 10:00 am tomorrow. Just to make sure it gets done b/c I might not make it for the draft.

I will be checking the board all day today...I haven't got $**** to do.

CaliCat
04-04-2004, 11:30 AM
Just so the tie can be broken I vote we only allow the one transax at the beginning of the week, sunday or monday if we are still in head to head...

If we are in rotiss my vote would be for 1 transax any time in the week...

Bibby4President
04-04-2004, 11:49 AM
It's rotiss so I will put you down for anytime

Bibby4President
04-04-2004, 12:02 PM
I have to leave in an hour so this is how the league will be setup:

Scoring is 5 x5--decided by vote

You can pick up your 1 free agent anytime during the week. You have 22 pickups(the amount of regular season fantasy weeks). IF you don't pick up a free agent one week it WILL NOT carry over into the next week.

You can have 2 people on the DL

The rosters have been adjusted as well.
You will draft all position players(1 at each position) and 1 utility player. You will have 3 SP and 2 RP and NO BENCH.