PDA

View Full Version : The Natural

WilmasPimp
04-13-2004, 05:41 PM
You Can 'Say Hey' When You Hit 660 Home Runs, Naturally.

Aaron, Ruth, Mays. Period. No Asterisk.

*From Dirt Dogs

Schnebly
04-13-2004, 05:56 PM
Cool pic...love those old uni's.

I wish I could have seen him play. I saw Hank Aaron play on tv, but he was pretty old by then.

Schneb

Ben Hansen
04-13-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by WilmasPimp
You Can 'Say Hey' When You Hit 660 Home Runs, Naturally.

Aaron, Ruth, Mays. Period. No Asterisk.

*From Dirt Dogs

Barry is natural. Prove that he took performance-enhancing drugs or leave the guy alone. He is 100% innocent and doesn't deserve to have these allegations brought forth on him.

He's by far the best player on earth and has been for the last 15 years. What he's done/doing is not a fluke and it has nothing to do with drugs.

No asterisk is needed and never will be needed.

Flem4Heisman
04-13-2004, 10:56 PM
Barry's as natural as Pamela Anderson.

Merkin
04-13-2004, 11:29 PM
I think there is some preponderance of evidence saying BB did have some help, but a reasonable doubt?

In any event, guilty or not, his home run records will always be tainted. Same with McGuire, at least Mac came out and said he used something, although not illegal.

Don't forget that until very recently, supplements were not illegal in MLB. Even if they were legal, some players did have unnatural help. The only help the Babe had was getting help to the bar stool. Even hammerin' Hank just used what God gave him. Same with Say Hey Willie, just using God's gift.

Class of 1990
04-14-2004, 12:24 AM
Ben, why doesn't Barry opps I mean the natural test himself for the public ?

That answers any doubt. The pictures over the years tell that his body has changed. Just like Sosa and Giambi their bodies are different. With all the testing talk homers where down in 03 compared to 02.

Geeze Eckstein was hitting homers in 02.

"Get the Dodgers off the radio air here in Tucson" - Class of 1990
________
Jaguar R3 History (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Jaguar_R3)

Merkin
04-14-2004, 11:32 AM
See pop's article today? http://www.dailystar.com/dailystar/sports/17922.php

Nary a word about any scandal or tainted records, no mention of any asterisks.

The danger here is that people, especially young people, are going to start referring to Bonds as The Greatest Player Who Ever Lived.

I propose that it would be more accurate to refer to him as the Greatest Older Player Who Ever Lived, Satchel Paige not included.

I say nay, young people are only going to remember The Greatest Steroided Player .