PDA

View Full Version : NBA Playoffs

Morgan
04-15-2004, 12:38 PM
First round

Nuggets over T-Wolves (just going out on a limb)

Lakers over Rockets in 7 (Francis always kills the Lakers and Yao plays better against Shaq)

San Antonio over Memphis

Dallas over SacTown (Kings suck)

Second Round

Lakers over Spurs (Good matchup, I'll bet with my heart)

Dallas over Nuggets (Very entertaining series)

West Finals

Lakers over Dallas

East- Who Cares?

Finals

Detroit over Lakers (Larry Brown gets his ring)

Merkin
04-15-2004, 01:36 PM
mtzwami just posted a link saying the Piston's are 8/1 to win it all. Time to put your money down.

https://www.bodog.com/sports-betting/basketball-futures.jsp

Los Angeles Lakers
5/6
Minnesota T-Wolves
7/2
San Antonio Spurs
11/3
Sacramento Kings
9/2
Detroit Pistons
8/1
Indiana Pacers
8/1
New Jersey Nets
20/1
Dallas Mavericks
22/1
Memphis Grizzlies
55/1
New York Knicks
60/1
Miami Heat
60/1
Denver Nuggets
70/1
Houston Rockets
75/1
New Orleans Hornets
80/1
Milwaukee Bucks
150/1
Boston Celtics
225/1

Morgan
04-15-2004, 02:15 PM
The east is going to win it this year.

DAHTcom
04-15-2004, 03:44 PM
Wolves over Nuggets

Wolves over Kings/Dallas

Wolves over Lakers/Rockets or Spurs/Memphis

Wolves over Anyone for the East

Pretty simple when you look at it :)

Morgan
04-15-2004, 05:07 PM
incorrect, but thanks for playing.

PointGuardU03
04-15-2004, 10:18 PM
T-Wolves over Carmelo is over ratted er Nuggets

Rockets over Lakers (Could happen IF Karl doesn't play, I don't think it will happen but it will piss enough of you off so why not.)

Kings over Mavericks - first team to get a defensive stop wins.

SA over Memphis

Pacers over Boston

Maimi over NO

Detriot over Bucks

NJ over NY

Kings over T-Wolves

SA over Lakers - I know I said Rockets would win, but that won't happen.

Indiana over Maimi

NJ over Detriot

SA over Kings

Indaina over NJ

SA over Indiana in 6

Morgan
04-16-2004, 12:30 PM
I think this is the most wide open the NBA playoffs have been in years. I could see any of four teams winning the west, and 3 or 4 teams winning the East.

I picked the Nuggets more because if they win game one, the pressure would be HUGE on the T-Wolves and they might crack. Furthermore, Besides KG I think the teams are pretty even at every position. Spreewell is old and can't break down defenses like he used to, as is Sam Cassell.

PointGuardU03
04-16-2004, 01:44 PM
Miller v. Cassel - Even
Spree v. Voshard Leonard/White/Barry - Spree
'Melo v. Wally - 'Melo
KG v. NeNE - Umm... Even???
Kandi v. Camby - Two underachievers, edge to Camby b/c he's been on a team that went to the Championship.

Bench - T-Wolves in a big way.

Coaching - I'll take Flip over the nuggets guy, also the nuggets are going to be happy just making the playoffs.

T-Wolves in 6.

Morgan
04-16-2004, 03:17 PM
The only place I disagree is Miller v. Cassel. I'll take Andre Miller. KG needs to carry Minnesota through the playoffs. He is the only guy that will be able to draw doubles and scare the other teams.

PointGuardU03
04-16-2004, 07:39 PM
Cassel was an all-star this year, posted a few triple-doubles, if I had to choose I'd go with Cassel, plus Sam I Am has the Playoff experience. Although I think Miller should have made the all-star team over Ray Allen, even though Bibby should have made it over both. Just something to think about.

PointGuardU03
05-01-2004, 04:21 AM
Sunday or Tuesday, I will be undefeated going into the 2nd Round, which ismore then I can sya for Morgan.:D

DAHTcom
05-01-2004, 02:49 PM
Im kind of surprised that the Kings pulled out the series win that soon. Oh well... If Webber plays, the Wolves will win. :D

PointGuardU03
05-02-2004, 01:59 AM
despite how bad Webber has been. And despite the fact that Adalmen keeps him in there, Kings in 6. Here's a postion break down:

Bibby v. Cassel - Bibby

Christie v. Hassel/Hoiberg (which one starts, doesn't matter any way.) - Christie

Peja v. Spreewell - Spree

Webber v. KG - umm. Even?

Valde v. (the other) E. Johnson - Vlade

Bench:

Peeler v. Hoiberg/Martin/Hassel - Peeler

Miller/Songila v. Madsen/Trent/Kandi Man - Kings combo, in a big, BIG way.

Coaching: Aldalmen's bad, but at ;least he's been past the second round (to 2 finals actually, how the hell did that happen?), Flip's a good coach, but he's never been here before, so who knows - Even.

All this adds up to Kings in 6, just my opinion.

Morgan
05-02-2004, 05:29 PM
I cannot believe how long the breaks are in the NBA playoffs. The Lakers Spurs series has game one today (sunday), game two wednesday, and game 3 sunday. I think that is far too much time.

I think the Spurs - Lakers series should be pretty good.

I'll watch that Kings - Wolves series but I think the Kings will win it fairly easily. The wolves were a jump shot from being in a dog fight against the Nuggets and didn't handle that well. Especially Spree. Bibby is an killer in that series.

PointGuardU03
05-02-2004, 10:35 PM
and the Lakers are in a whole lot of trouble.

Morgan
05-03-2004, 11:13 AM
Lakers are in deep trouble. Payton looks really old. Man it is frustrating that the Lakers won three titles with less talent but better team work then they have now. Kobe used to be able to break down anyone when they needed a bucket.

PointGuardU03
05-03-2004, 01:39 PM
over dribbles and forces shots. I think the Rockets would be still playing if Kobe had hit any part of the rim on his game 1 airball. It just proves that you have to be a team to win, not a bunch of individuals. Kind of like the Wildcats proved this year.

DAHTcom
05-15-2004, 12:33 AM
Wolves series but I think the Kings will win it fairly easily Morgan, if its the Wolves vs Lakers, pleeeease tell me you're picking the lakers to win :D

Morgan
06-16-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Morgan

Finals

Detroit over Lakers (Larry Brown gets his ring)

Damn. I wish I hadn't picked against my team.