PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Hater

WilmasPimp
04-21-2004, 12:44 PM
Curt Schilling, Game 7, Fleet Center, Habs @ Bruins:

I NEED this lid!

WilmasPimp
04-21-2004, 12:52 PM
***I case you are not drunk while reading this and didn't catch it, instead of NY his hat says YH (Yankee Hater).

Merkin
04-21-2004, 01:08 PM
What is ***I?

WP, what is the source for that image? It looks like the YH might have been photoshopped on, notice how the leg of the H is right on the bill of the cap?

Merkin
04-21-2004, 01:13 PM
Notice the white from the lettering in front of the blue from the bill. Obviously, the white should be behind the blue.

WilmasPimp
04-21-2004, 01:59 PM
Merkin you are tripping. Check todays NY Times, they have an article devoted to his hat.

Merkin
04-21-2004, 02:24 PM
WP, you are correct, but that image still looks suspicious. That image did not come from the NY Times, at least this article.

By THE NEW YORK TIMES

Published: April 21, 2004

t first glance, it appeared that Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling, left, was wearing a Yankees hat, of all things, while watching the Bruins play the Montreal Canadiens in Game 7 of their National Hockey League playoff series on Monday night. But a closer examination of the cap logo reveals that the logo is not "NY" as in New York, but "YH" as in Yankees hater. And the colors of the hat are red and blue, Red Sox colors.

The hat is a relatively new addition to the thriving Yankees-Red Sox rivalry, which was in full force in Boston this past weekend as the teams played a four-game series at Fenway Park. The Red Sox won three of the four games, with Schilling chipping in with a victory on Saturday.

Schilling was drafted by the Red Sox in 1986 but never pitched for them until this season. He is notoriously outspoken, but on Monday night he was letting his hat do the talking.

MinorThreat22
04-21-2004, 04:29 PM
Even if it was photshopped, I'm sure it'll be sweeping the nation within a couple of weeks.

Merkin
04-21-2004, 04:41 PM
MT22, get a supply source and put it on Ebay! No MLB copyrights on YH.

WilmasPimp
04-21-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Merkin
Notice the white from the lettering in front of the blue from the bill. Obviously, the white should be behind the blue.

The white embroidery borders the blue in all directions.

The lettering is three dimensional, so since Curt is not facing the camera, parts of the white are hidden by the blue.

I hope I don't have to break down the cap any further.

Chicat
04-21-2004, 05:47 PM
What's hilarious is that Red Sox fans need this sort of thing to make themselves feel better about rooting for a second tier team in a second tier city. No one in New York cares enough about Boston or their crappy teams to come up with sh*t like this. All in all it is just another piece of evidence of Boston's vast inferiority complex.

PS - I went to the White Sox/Yankee game last night and do you know what the fans were chanting as they left the stadium after the loss? "Cubs Suck!" Obviously they have the same sickness.

MinorThreat22
04-21-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Chicats
What's hilarious is that Red Sox fans need this sort of thing to make themselves feel better about rooting for a second tier team in a second tier city. No one in New York cares enough about Boston or their crappy teams to come up with sh*t like this. All in all it is just another piece of evidence of Boston's vast inferiority complex.

PS - I went to the White Sox/Yankee game last night and do you know what the fans were chanting as they left the stadium after the loss? "Cubs Suck!" Obviously they have the same sickness.

Very funny, and very true.

WilmasPimp
04-21-2004, 06:14 PM
Glad they got that game in. I was worried my RIBs from Paulie and Posada would get wiped out. ChiCats I hear the Sox are having trouble getting 25,000 for the Yanks.

stewbacka
04-21-2004, 06:27 PM
No one in NY cares? How freakin clueless are you? Watch a game in NY next time the Sox play there. Any one with have a brain could tell that the NY people seem to care more then you might think.

Of course there is an inferiority complex with the Yankees. How could there not be. At least we Sox fans don't back down when after 80 odd years of history says we should. At the same time all of Boston other sports team are as good if not better then the NY counterparts and outside of Hockey are historically better. By the way the New England Patriots (in which Boston is a part of) have won 2 of the last 3 Super Bowls. No team has won more NBA World Championships then the Celtics.

MinorThreat22
04-21-2004, 07:51 PM
C'mon Stew. You can't bring basketball and football to a baseball fight.

stewbacka
04-21-2004, 08:38 PM

I didn't this misinformed poster did. Unless he meant crappy team instead of the plural.

Chicat
04-22-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by stewbacka
No one in NY cares? How freakin clueless are you? Watch a game in NY next time the Sox play there. Any one with have a brain could tell that the NY people seem to care more then you might think.

I grew up in New York and I've been a Yankee fan for a long time. And you know what? Boston could fall into the sea and take its crappy baseball team to the bottom of the harbor with it and I wouldn't care one little bit. The Red Sox are funny to me. They're like Wily Coyote. No matter how many boxes they get from Acme with a new weapon inside (Pedro, Manny, Damon, Byung-Hyun, now Schilling and Foulke) their season always seems to blow up in their face. I've got two words for you Fudgepacka . . . . . . Aaron Boone. But thank you for proving my point about the whole inferiority complex thing. Let us know how that works out for you.

Morgan
04-22-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Chicats
I grew up in New York and I've been a Yankee fan for a long time. And you know what? Boston could fall into the sea and take its crappy baseball team to the bottom of the harbor with it and I wouldn't care one little bit. The Red Sox are funny to me. They're like Wily Coyote. No matter how many boxes they get from Acme with a new weapon inside (Pedro, Manny, Damon, Byung-Hyun, now Schilling and Foulke) their season always seems to blow up in their face. I've got two words for you Fudgepacka . . . . . . Aaron Boone. But thank you for proving my point about the whole inferiority complex thing. Let us know how that works out for you.

As someone who is not from either place, but rather a world away in California. Your statement is false. I was roommates with a guy from long island.

We almost got into a fight because I thought (and still believe) that Nomar is better then Jeter.

Yankee fans act like no one is on there level and they don't have a rival, but they get more satisfaction out of beating the red sox. Those games are more intense. To deny this would be foolhardy.

Chicat
04-22-2004, 12:14 PM
My original statement was that no one in New York cares enough about the Red Sox to come up with something stupid like the Yankee Hater hat, but don't get me wrong, we love beating the Red Sox and we love it when they come in second place, usually because of things like this and the invective that comes from their side. Red Sox fans seem to be Yankee haters first, and baseball fans second.

Yankee fans might feel that no one is on their team's level, but that's only because it's true. Championships, pennants, hall of famers, stars, and payroll. In all of those things, the Yanks far outdistance any other team. When the Red Sox finish anywhere other than second to the Yankees, I'll start worrying that the gap is closing. But in truth, I was more worried about the Orioles this year than any other team in the East.

By the way, I do think Nomar is a better shortstop than Jeter, but Jeter is a far bigger winner and at the end of the day, that's all that counts.

Morgan
04-22-2004, 12:29 PM
Jeter was lucky to have a great team around him is likely the most over payed and over valued player of all time. His is an average player.

Merkin
04-22-2004, 12:54 PM
On Schilling:

http://espn.go.com/media/pg2/2003/1201/photo/cs_blocl.jpg

On Jeter:

http://www.soxrock.com/jetererror2.jpg

Chicat
04-22-2004, 01:18 PM
And someday #2 will be right there with the immortals.

stewbacka
04-22-2004, 01:35 PM
Don't bother this guy is an flaming ignorant moron. He can't defend his earlier statements about crappy teams and second teir city. Most of the UofA fans over here are pretty good but this guy is a waste of time. He gives UofA and Yankee fans a bad name.

Chicat
04-22-2004, 03:43 PM
Wow, that hurts Fudgepacka.

Honestly, I'm crying, but the tears are drying up as I think of all those championships.

stewbacka
04-22-2004, 05:34 PM
I thought you were worth the effort I would come up with something more effective but when the best you can come up with to back your flames is Fudgepacka you show your IQ and class. In fact I don't think I could get down to your level if I wanted to.

Chicat
04-22-2004, 05:50 PM
The fact you think the Orioles are better show s your knowledge

Yeah, they only invested 90 million dollars in their team this year, picking up a top-tier shortstop and catcher. Guess I should have expected them to be worse. :rolleyes:

stewbacka
04-22-2004, 05:54 PM
already forget your last ignorant statement too? You said you were more worried about the Orioles the Sox. So call me whatever classless thing you can come up with but that to me sounds like yes you think they will be better then the Sox. Of course they should have a better team then last year but to say they are going to be better then Boston is funny. I doubt you could name half the pitchers on the Orioles roster. Of course there is no way to find that out on the net.

MinorThreat22
04-22-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Morgan
Jeter was lucky to have a great team around him is likely the most over payed and over valued player of all time. His is an average player.

and getting less average by the day. It really shouldn't even be an argument.

stewbacka
04-22-2004, 07:27 PM
I am a Red Sox fan and I don't think there is another player I respect more. He is the Magic Johnson of the last decade. He does what he has to win.

Morgan you know what I find funny? Around here we are the scum of the earth because where we went to school. I wonder if I posted a comment about wiping out the Valley like Dahtcom or Boston like Chicats what kind of response that would incur. Combined they have no qualms about the killing of over 10 million people. But we are the bad ones because of something we had nothing to do with.

BallinestCat27
04-22-2004, 09:01 PM
You wanna talk about the Red Sox getting 'new weapons?'

Chicat
04-23-2004, 10:54 AM
Morgan you know what I find funny? Around here we are the scum of the earth because where we went to school. I wonder if I posted a comment about wiping out the Valley like Dahtcom or Boston like Chicats what kind of response that would incur. Combined they have no qualms about the killing of over 10 million people. But we are the bad ones because of something we had nothing to do with.

ASSU alum and a Red Sox fan? You must be a glutton for punishment. And yes, if you called for Tucson to be nuked, I think you might get a hostile response here on the UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA message boards.

Hey Ballinest, do you ever read Red Sox message boards? 40% of the posts have to do with how much they hate the Yankees and how much they hate New York City in general. I read posts last summer where people were calling for beating up Yankees fans at Fenway if they wear Yankee jerseys or hats. Yeah, real nice town.

Morgan
04-23-2004, 11:41 AM
if you called for Tucson to be nuked, I think you might get a hostile response here on the UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA message boards.

Personally, I would never call for anyone to be nuked or have an asteroid hit their football stadium. I am surprised you guys put up with Dhats' post about such.

Chicat
04-23-2004, 11:46 AM
If an asteroid hit ASU....

... we might be able to survive it, long enough to enjoy a world without basement dwelling sun devils...

An asteriod, about 2/3 of a mile wide, traveling at about 12 miles per second hitting Sun Devil Stadium, during a football game, would create these "side effects" in Tucson.

We would be flooded with radiation for about 17 seconds, the first 2 seconds being the most intense. Most people will escape any burns, but some will still have 1st degree burns as a result if unexposed. Many combustible materials outside (like newspapers, weeds) will catch fire.

32 seconds after impact, we would feel a 7.8 magnitude earthquake.

5 minutes after impact, we would feel strong winds (almost 200mph) which should easily knock down many two story houses. With the wind comes 93 decible level sounds.

.... oh, and all glass windows no matter which way they are facing, will break.

(all taken from the UofAs impact study site at the LPL http://www.lpl.arizona.edu/impacteffects/ )

I agree, the first line is pretty dick, but the rest is just science. No one got all crazy with the "let's kill everyone at ASU" vibe in that thread. As for me saying Boston could fall into the ocean, what I really meant was for that to happen after everyone was evacuated. ;)

All those Bostonians could then go live in Providence. :D

stewbacka
04-23-2004, 06:42 PM
Another classy thing by Daht.Com. It would be nice if you guys could police yourself.

http://www.cactusranch.com/devils/messages/30582.html

Maybe he wasn't being serious. He certainly is not funny. IMO its par for the course with him and this guy that has no qualms about Boston being destroyed. Why do some people hate other so much because of where they grew up or went to school? Its really disturbing.

catgrad97
04-23-2004, 07:19 PM
and it's wrong. If that was DAHTcom, then he was completely irresponsible for posting such inappropriate remarks. He may be U of A all the way, but I'd love to see DAHTcom get two words of that post out at the memorial service. Shameful post.

stewbacka
04-23-2004, 07:28 PM
some reservations if I should even post it. I know both sides of this rivalry have had our share of bad moments. It would be nice if we all could put them aside and 99% of you have and that is a good sign.
I have been on this personal crusade to make this rivalry better. What was suggested by RCF might be something that would go along way to repair the image the rivalry now has. Today shows us that we are more alike then different and hopefully we can all remember that even when our kids try to beat each others brains in during whatever sport we compete in.

catgrad97
04-23-2004, 07:47 PM
I can't see either side returning to the days of cheap shotting each other or dancing on the team logo after today.

But Arizona is a state that always was slow to realize that there are things far more important than sports...until today.

BallinestCat27
04-23-2004, 10:14 PM
Chicats, did I say anything about Boston or Sox fans?

Chicat
04-24-2004, 12:51 PM
No, I was just responding to your joke about Boston getting new "weapons".

Chicat
04-24-2004, 01:02 PM
IMO its par for the course with him and this guy that has no qualms about Boston being destroyed. Why do some people hate other so much because of where they grew up or went to school? Its really disturbing.

I don't know how you equate what I said to that post, Stew. But if you do, I'm sorry that you took what I said that seriously. Of course I don't want to see any city actually destroyed. Get serious.

If it was Daht.com, that just pisses me off because that is a guy that gets a lot of respect on this site, so his stupidity makes all of us look like *******s.

stewbacka
04-26-2004, 03:33 PM
What Dahtcom said about Tillman is in a league of its own but your posts and his about the asteroid are in the same league. If you say you weren't serious then I hope I never see you rant about something an ASU fan says. You can't have it both ways. I get labeled by a lot of people because of some awful chants that were in poor taste by ASU fans 20 yrs ago that I can only hope were in jest. I do call all out ASU idiots to by the way. Ask Morgan. By the way this weekend is nice but like Vegas what happens in April stays in April.