PDA

View Full Version : Joe Borowski

Crackem
05-14-2004, 03:44 AM
Dusty needs to realize that last year was a fluke and this guy just doesn't have closer stuff. I'm tired of watching the opponent rake agaisnt him time after time. He is very lucky to have 6 saves with his ERA over 6 and WHIP over 2.0. Hopefully, LaTroy Hawkins will become the closer after he came in today to bail Borowski out of a jam in the 9th.

Even with the brilliance of Zambrono and Clement so far this year, and with Maddux seemingly coming around, the Cubs need a rock in the pen to keep them close to Houston while Prior and Wood heal. That rock is Hawkins and not Borowski.

Flem4Heisman
05-14-2004, 10:34 AM
I'm a big Twins fan and have watched Latroy Hawkins for many years. The guy has some of the nastiest stuff in the game but never succeeded in the starter or closer role. He became good when they made him a middle reliever. He might have matured, but closers need to have a different mentality, and I don't know if he has it.

MinorThreat22
05-14-2004, 12:34 PM
Even if he doesn't have the mental makeup, he can't be worse than JoBo. JoBo's velocity is way down, Baker has no confidence, and because of those 2 things, he doesn't have any confidence in himself. That's death for a closer. Given the fact that he put 2 great years together, finally, at the ages of 31 and 32, and now his velocity is down by 5mph, I'd say he's a good candidate for a guy no longer juicing.