PDA

View Full Version : So what happened to A-ROD

Flem4Heisman
05-14-2004, 09:32 AM
I heard yesterday that he got PUNK'D but would not allow it to be shown. I understand why he wouldn't allow it to be shown, but I'm just wondering what happened. He had to have snapped and made a complete embarassment out of himself. The way I see it is that actors and musicians benefit from the recognition they receive from the show, but athletes getting attention like that can only be bad for their careers.
I'm just trying to figure out what happened.

Chicat
05-14-2004, 09:49 AM
Apparently they set up a waiter to be a Red Sox fan and he basically called ARod a loser who had never been on a winning team. He was out with his wife at the time and I guess things got pretty ugly, pretty fast. After it was revealed that it was a gag he refused to sign the release form.

I have to agree with him on that one. There isn't any kind of originality or creativity in that gag and it was just intended to piss him off. If he had signed that release and let them show it, it would have probably made him look really bad, which can't be good for someone who is so image conscious. Ashton Kutcher needs to give it up. No talent idiots belong in Puff Daddy videos, not screwing with people's lives and livelihoods.

MinorThreat22
05-14-2004, 12:35 PM
Have to agree. ARod has a squeaky clean image ripe for endorsements, and by the sounds of it, this wouldn't help any.

stewbacka
05-14-2004, 01:30 PM
Who did what to him?