PDA

View Full Version : Bring on ASSU...

Chris Bonney
05-17-2004, 07:36 PM
The Scummies will be in town starting Friday night for a three game set at Sancet Stadium. The Scummies are coming off a 3 game sweep of Oregon State and UA is coming off winning to of three from both UCLA(non-conference) and Stanford, whom they beat 19-18 last night and 11-2 today after losing game 1 11-9.

Right now UA is .500 in conference with a high RPI ranking and a very highly ranked strength of schedule. They play in the Pac which is by far the toughest conference (no conference is even close). With 6 games left against ASSU and on the road at a struggling USC team the Cats should be able to get back to the tourney by going 3-3 in their final 6. They do need to take at least one from the Scummies though which will help since ASSU is obviously a very highly ranked team also.

The Cats did what they needed to do this weekend taking 2 of 3 from The Cardinal.

stewbacka
05-24-2004, 01:47 PM
The Scummies will be in town starting Friday night

RCF whre you able to get ahold of a bus ticket?. How did this weekend work out for you? 2 out of 3 you should be gloating....

Morgan
05-24-2004, 04:05 PM
sucks that RCF made the trek from Ohio only to see UA get a win on an umpire error. ASU wins the series again. Yawn.

Chris Bonney
05-24-2004, 05:52 PM
Jesus, a POSSIBLE umpire error with your team already down 6 runs and in the 8th inning and you facing a team that you could not stop from hitting all day long. Yeah, and the ump cost y'all the game.

CONSPIRACY!!!

stewbacka
05-24-2004, 06:05 PM
Good point form that ASU alum. The umps did not cost ASU the game sunday. Though the call was a little odd in a rivalry game. But a rule is a rule. Its not like MLB umps don't pull some strange calls out of their arses during rain and blowouts. Dinner reservations should never decide an outcome.

Chris Bonney
05-24-2004, 06:08 PM
A rule is a rule you are right. It was actually a flight reservation and not a dinner reservation but hey. Ooops, did I give away the conspiracy? Damnit.

stewbacka
05-24-2004, 06:14 PM
I reported your infraction to the AG and White House err Robert Reid. If you make it to Cuba say high to Fidel.

Morgan
05-24-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by realcatsfan
A rule is a rule you are right. It was actually a flight reservation and not a dinner reservation but hey. Ooops, did I give away the conspiracy? Damnit.

Well two out of three still makes it a long buss ride back to Ohio, sorry about that BA.

We win the season series and the pac ten series. I was flame baiting on the ump thing, but in a rivalry game it shouldn't have been called according to Strawberry Blond. She knows more about ASU baseball then anyone, so I trust her.