PDA

View Full Version : Is Karl Malone a punk?

Irish27
05-23-2004, 11:57 PM
IAfter watching Malone throw a blatant cheapshot to Martin tonight I am convinced he is a thug. The guy is a great player but also a dirty player. I know Isiah Thomas would agree with me.

Will the NBA suspend Malone for game three?

SnowCat
05-24-2004, 04:18 AM
I'm one of those guys who has admired Malone for his class over a long career, at the same time, he's tarnished it repeatedly over the last few years. Guess he's making me sick??

I would have to lean toward suspending him for a game. He has had a history over the last 3 or 4 years of trying to 'take out' other players.

That said, I have no clue as to why Garnett wasn't suspended at the end of the Kings series- yeah, I have a clue, let the stars play, a classic example of why the NBA is failing. Sure, everyone was OK with MJ traveling or carrying the ball evry time - for whatever reason America embraced it. I think now that America's star is gone they wanna see honest officiating - at least until Lebron makes the playoffs.

DAHTcom
05-24-2004, 06:35 PM
I have no clue as to why Garnett wasn't suspended at the end of the Kings series Perhaps because Garnett didnt do anything EVEN close to be deserving of being ejected, nor suspended, Hence why he got the Technical Foul instead.

Two elbows with intent to cause harm warrented a suspension, if not a breif visit by the local Police Dept for assault.

About Malone, what he did was cheap, and I used to think that this was above him. I dont know that it warrents a suspension though. It seemed to look worse then it was (at least to me) because of the size difference, even though thats not an excuse. What Malone did was no where near the level of what Peeler did, so I really dont think he will suspended. Last night the refs were "double technical" happy, even though the game was officiated very well overall...

Shaq is going to need to play better (granny shot the free throws?), and Payton is going to have to do better as well, if the Lakers want to think about taking both games at home against the best road team in the West.

DAHTcom
05-24-2004, 07:54 PM
Appears that Malone just got a $7,500 fine only. Fair judgement in my mind, what about you guys?

F Duke
06-04-2004, 07:09 PM
Malone has always been a dirty player. What most people don't realize is that he's a pu$$y as well. Growing up in Houston, I was able to witness the Malone / Stockton way many times. They're both cheap shot artists that love foul hard and flop when they know'll they'll get the calls. I'll never forget the conversation HAkeem had with MAlone following Malone's MVP season. He basically told him to be a man and play like an MVP because MVP's don't flop.