PDA

View Full Version : Mondesi to Angels

stewbacka
05-28-2004, 06:39 PM
They have maybe the three best outfield arms in baseball now. Though I am glad he he did not go to Boston

Morgan
05-28-2004, 06:49 PM
they need some help with everyone going down. I like the move, but he won't play much if they go to the post season. Maybe late inning defense.

WilmasPimp
05-28-2004, 07:07 PM
He'll start in CF until GA gets back. GA may be out all year.

Morgan
05-28-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by WilmasPimp
He'll start in CF until GA gets back. GA may be out all year.

he better not be out all year. What about your boy Chone? Where is he going to play?

WilmasPimp
05-28-2004, 07:29 PM
Chone will play 3B.

Ben Hansen
05-28-2004, 07:33 PM
Since Vlad arrived, I'm actually liking the Angels this year. Too bad about all the injuries, especially to Garrett because I think Immel's prediction of him winning AL MVP may have come true.

I am still very much a non-believer in the Angels' pitching rotation and I think Jarrod Washburn may be the most overrated, overinflated (record-wise) pitcher in baseball.

But K-Rod...wow. He's sick.

-Ben

PS: Mondesi for this new bargain price is an excellent pickup. Even as a pinch hitter he's got very good talent and could be key down the stretch run. GREAT move by him to get out of Pittsburgh. Genius!!!

Irish27
05-28-2004, 09:03 PM
Mondesi in my opinion is a cancer. In the long run he won't help the Angels. If I was Anaheim I would of tried to get Steve Finley. Steve is in his final year of his contract and I would bet he would okay a trade to the Angels. Look for the Diamondbacks to try and trade Bautista before the deadline.

Chicat
05-28-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Irish27
Mondesi in my opinion is a cancer.

Couldn't agree more. The guy refuses to come back from taking care of his "family issues" (a.k.a. - getting sued), then once the Pirates cancel his contract he up and signs with the Angels? I call bullsh!t on that one. He never intended to finish the year in Pittsburgh. He signed there with the hope of getting traded, and when they weren't doing so bad, even without him, he claims that he can't play because of his personal troubles. What's to stop every player from doing the exact same thing?

Class of 1990
05-29-2004, 11:37 PM
Pittsburgh wins last three and over .500. Ask the Yankees,
Blue Jays and Dodgers I'm sure they will say he is a pain in the a**.
________
CHRYSLER D PLATFORM (RWD) SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Chrysler_D_platform_(RWD))