PDA

View Full Version : "There is a possibility Arizona could host the Super Regional" - Brian Jeffries

WilmasPimp
06-06-2004, 05:01 PM
Just now on KNST

BibbysTowelDude
06-06-2004, 05:09 PM
hahahah i was listening to it on the way home from work, he was explaining the possibility for like a half hour.

Chris Bonney
06-06-2004, 05:17 PM
What in the sam hell is the possibility? We didn't even put in for one. Of course we now have time to. Does it depend on how much $ we put up JJ?

BibbysTowelDude
06-06-2004, 05:50 PM
Thats what Brian "Touchdown Arizona" Jeffries said, its depends on who they think would pony up the most dough. If this was any other sport Id say us easy but those small cali schools are baseball schools so who knows.

WilmasPimp
06-06-2004, 06:12 PM
The NCAA seeds the top 16 teams before the Regionals for the purpose of predetermining Super Regional matchups and sites.

Since neither Long Beach State nor Arizona were among the 16 ranked teams, if they were to meet up in the Super Regionals it would be a last-minute decision as to who would be the host team.

I'm sure Livengood has already had discussions w/ the NCAA. Getting Arizona to the College World Series (with the coach HE hired) would be huge for Livengood and I'm sure he has far greater resources to pull it off than the LBSU AD.