PDA

View Full Version : I figure at least one game to be on tv...

Chris Bonney
06-07-2004, 01:29 AM
next weekend. We are playing in the LBC and there are only going to be, at best, two regionals out west. Combine that with the fact that ESPN will be carrying the Tourney from here on out and they have games scheduled for 10PM EDT for next Fri and Saturday I figure at least one and maybe two or three of the games will be televised on National TV.

ESPN and the Duece will carry many of the Supers.

We play Friday with the actual game times to be announced tomorrow.

http://www.ncaasports.com/baseball/mens/story/7398218

Chris Bonney
06-07-2004, 01:31 AM
With the Fullerton Super starting on Saturday then we are just about guaranteed to be on ESPN2 on Friday night at 7 PM AZ time. SWEET. Unless they, for some reason, schedule one of the East games for really late.

CaliCat
06-07-2004, 01:39 AM
Gotta think that whenever Weaver pitches it will be on National TV...I assume he'll open up which makes the previous post look even more true....

Chris Bonney
06-07-2004, 01:42 AM
Yeah I think that is safe to assume. He is potentially the top draft choice(if he is eligible). I would love to see UA beat Weaver on National TV.

LegallyKenny
06-07-2004, 03:49 AM
BA is saying his draft status is dropping fast. Apparently no one thinks he's any better then the other top pitching prospects, Homer Bailey, Verlander and the Rice trio in particular. But, he's still asking for Mark Prior money - and he's being advised by Boras who no one wants to deal with right now.

barringer97
06-07-2004, 11:03 AM
If you buy the package on DirecTV, you get all the games...just purchased it.

Weaver could fall all the way to the Yankees, he is asking Prior money. Same with Drew...Drew could fall to the Cardinals...BorASS is a punk.

Chris Bonney
06-07-2004, 12:29 PM
Drew is half the prospect his brother was and he aint getting that money. Weaver wants Prior money with that fastball? All he has to do is look at his brother and he will see what major leaguers do to soft tossing two pitch starters. They club them.

Morgan
06-07-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by CJ Bonney
Drew is half the prospect his brother was and he aint getting that money. Weaver wants Prior money with that fastball? All he has to do is look at his brother and he will see what major leaguers do to soft tossing two pitch starters. They club them.

LOL, you know nothing. Drew is a big time prospect. Weaver has a fast ball that gets up to 95. I guess that is soft tossing. I'll tell the Angels that you said he'll get clubbed around. Why aren't you writing for BA?

While Drew might not be the prospect his brother was, he still has first round talent. Which can only be said for about 8-10 of the guys drafted.

Chris Bonney
06-07-2004, 05:08 PM
I never said Drew wasn't talented Morgan, jesus do you actually read other people's posts or do you just assume what they write?

Drew is first round material, that is clear. However, he has nothing on his brother at the same age. Add to that the fact that he has his brother's same attitude and slipped in the draft to the Backs at #15.

And Weaver is good for mid 90's into the 4-5 innings. He gets tired and starts to work his off speed stuff. He is almost identical to his brother. One thing he does exceptionally well is spot his fastball in late innings. He has great command of all of his pitches.

stewbacka
06-07-2004, 05:08 PM
Weaver being a side armer hurt him some. Drew was going to be the number one pick until negociatios broke down between Boras and the Padres. He is a big time prospect

Morgan
06-07-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by CJ Bonney
Drew is half the prospect his brother was

Need I say more? Half the prospect implies half the talent.

Hope that helps.

Chris Bonney
06-07-2004, 06:29 PM
His brother was a dynamic prospect. Little bro is good, but nowhere near JD's stature at this stage. Hopefully Little Bro will be less likely to get injured than big bro.

stewbacka
06-07-2004, 06:31 PM
Barringer
I don't think the Yankees would have taken a Weaver

Chris Bonney
06-07-2004, 06:43 PM
Hahaha, not after Jeff's showing there, hell no.

barringer97
06-07-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by stewbacka
Barringer
I don't think the Yankees would have taken a Weaver

Baseball America predicted that he would go to the Yankees (signability)...I'm from Orange County and a HUGE Angels fan...I love the pick.

My guess is that Boras and Moreno worked out the deal before hand. He will be signed, sealed, and delivered soon.

Angels=Yankees of the West Coast

and I love an Arizona Grad owning the team.

Bear Down.

stewbacka
06-07-2004, 09:00 PM
The Yankee brass did not like his brother so I have a tough time seeing him go after him.