PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Kindall on KNST

Irish27
06-13-2004, 11:17 PM
Jerry was just on with Brian Jeffries. He was funny. He made a joke how he had to be a professional when he was announcing the game.

Chris Bonney
06-13-2004, 11:23 PM
Jerry did a great job keeping his emotions under wraps doing the game for ESPN2. Mark of a true professional. Absolutely class act!

84Cat
06-14-2004, 03:58 PM
I have met coach Kindall on 2 occassions and lived next to one of his sons at NAU. All I can says is that he has as much class as anyone I have ever met. His son was also of high character. In fact, his son didn't hang out with us much because we were usually doing the typical college student stuff and he wasn't into partying.

Flem4Heisman
06-14-2004, 05:23 PM
Could somebody explain to me what Mark Schlereth was doing announcing those games. I like the guy when he's telling me about the NFL, but I'm just as qualified as he is to announce a college baseball game.

Chris Bonney
06-14-2004, 05:32 PM
I agree, but he at least has some knowledge. His kid committed to play baseball at UNLV and he did liven things up a bit. Kindall was great, but he and Sims are two really different dudes and Mark lived things up a tad.

Flem4Heisman
06-15-2004, 01:21 AM
I agree that he made it a little more interesting, but he only spoke a couple times per inning. 3 guys in a booth always seems to get a little crowded. I started to realize that ESPN/ABC covered all 8 Super Regionals, along with Sunday Night Baseball and the Finals, so it was one of their lesser crews. Schlereth usually only works from August to February, so I guess ESPN decided he needed to work in June to earn his paycheck.

AzDave
06-16-2004, 02:31 AM
I wondered about Schlereth at first, too, but I thought he did a fine job.

CaliCat
06-16-2004, 07:47 PM
I watched Friday night's game at a bar so I didn't know who was doing the game and I went Saturday....I was sitting behind home plate and almost fell over when I saw Mark Schlereth walking up the aisle towards the press box....

But someone earlier hit the nail on the head with how spread out ESPN was this past weekend....Don't forget they guys they were getting ready to send out to the US Open for 7 straight 24 hour days, no way they were gonna ship them out to work...