PDA

View Full Version : Props to the Pistons...

Auercat
06-14-2004, 12:03 AM
they are CLEARLY the better team and deserve to win this series. The Lakers role players and bench have stunk The Palace up severely and been totally dominated by their Detroit counterparts. Chancey Billups has been the biggest star and will win MVP. The Lakers are on life support right now. :(

Bearing Down on Posting Even When Hope Is Almost Gone

Auercat

Merkin
06-14-2004, 12:06 AM
Like Doc Rivers said, they are quicker to the ball and quicker to the boards. Even though Laker's fans may complain about the foul differential, when both Rivers and Musburger, both obv Lakers fans state that the refs are not the problem, you know it's the players, or coach.

The Lakers just look really old.

Shaq needs to lose 40-50 pounds and get in shape.

Class of 1990
06-15-2004, 06:03 PM
I agree with both accept the fouling. But I don't think that would have helped game 1 or 3.

Could be the end of a mini dynasty tonite.

Anyway Go Lakers.
________
Jeep trailhawk history (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Jeep_Trailhawk)

Morgan
06-15-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Auercat
they are CLEARLY the better team and deserve to win this series. The Lakers role players and bench have stunk The Palace up severely and been totally dominated by their Detroit counterparts. Chancey Billups has been the biggest star and will win MVP. The Lakers are on life support right now. :(

Bearing Down on Posting Even When Hope Is Almost Gone

Auercat

Totally agree. I don't fault Phil though. The two biggest problems in this series have been Kobe and the role players. Kobe hit the shot in game two, but since then has been horrible. The bench/role players are giving them nothing. Credit Larry Brown for forcing the Lakers to give the ball to Shaq everytime down the floor. Kobe isn't patient enough to do that. Shaq was scoring at will in games 1 and 4 but they didn't go to him enough. Brown is playing stright up on Shaq and taking away guys like Fisher. Kobe is getting run at a little but it is from the 4 spot and the Lakers haven't gotten good production from there.

stewbacka
06-15-2004, 08:06 PM
but It's not over yet.

stewbacka
06-15-2004, 11:44 PM
I guess I over estimated the heart of that team. Magic, Michael and Larry never went out like that.

WildcatPaulG
06-16-2004, 12:22 AM
There were so many factors. The main one being that the Pistons played as a team. The Lakers are a bunch of individuals and you can clearly see that tonight, as Kobe jacks up every time he touches the ball and refuses to pass it to another teammate.

Before I say what I'm about to say, realize I'm a Kings fan. Nothing pleases me more than seeing the Lakers lose. However, one has to admit the officiating was subpar for the entire series. For example, in this game, how is it Shaq picks up his second on an over-the-back call, yet one of the Wallaces didn't the next trip down the floor, when it clearly was that?

I'm not making excuses at all. Again, I'm a Kings fan. The referees were just one of the many problems that the Lakers faced. They also faced Gary "I was only good while I was at Oregon State" Payton's demise as a decent player. They faced Karl "Cursed" Malone's knee injury and his lack of ability to turn it on in the Finals. They faced Kobe Bryant's three-point attempts halfway through the third quarter. They faced Shaq being a passive defensive presence, since the fact they would call a foul on him if Ben Wallace's fro happened to graze him.

There was so much that went wrong for the Lakers and so much that went right for the Pistons. The Pistons are the better team, even without the poor officiating.

Merkin
06-16-2004, 12:31 AM
I hardly watch the NBA, but really like the Pistons since they play team ball, like most college teams. The 5 one on one games the Lakers play I don't like, but get used to at the Rec Center pickup games. Go Pistons, and go college basketball!

I would have picked Ben Wallace MVP over Billups. That guy has perfect timing for rebounds, best I ever seen, much better than Rodman. Pulled a lot of critical defensive and offensive rebounds down, besides some real timely baskets.

GarH
06-16-2004, 07:08 AM
I can proudly say I didn't watch one second of the NBA playoffs.