PDA

View Full Version : The Ranch is crumbling...

WildcatPaulG
06-14-2004, 01:46 PM
While we relish in our victory against LB State, the always delusional folks at the Cactus Ranch tend to think that every team in the Pac was better than we were this year.

Nice try. See 1997. There were four other teams in the Pac that were supposedly "better" than we were, yet we walked away with a basketball national championship.

We were upset that football finished dead last this year in the Pac. We were upset that the Basketball team lost 10 games, finishing third in the Pac behind flash-in-the-pan Washington. (Yeah, I said it... bring it pompom...) Still, those Cactus Ranchers think their athletic department is strides above ours.

Someone forgot to mention had we beat them in football in the last week of the season, THEY would have finished last in the Pac. Pretty prestigious for a team that was supposed to contend with USC for the Pac-10 crown.

Let's not fail to mention that their basketball team did finish dead last in the Pac this year. One year removed from an NCAA bid and a first-round win.

I'm torn in this scenario. Torn because I relish in ASU's misery, but really hoping that they get an AD that has half a clue and would sh*tcan these "coaches" (and I use that term very loosely), who seem to achieve only one goal: screw up the entire Sun Devil athletic program.

I feel for the class act fans from Tempe, who come so few and far between, it's a breath of fresh air. That's a welcome sight to see them put the rivalry aside and congratulate us on our trip to Omaha. For these fans of ASU, I truly hope that they get rid of their AD and get someone who won't tolerate mediocre, and sometimes less-than-mediocre, athletic seasons. To top it off, these coaches are rewarded for their mediocre efforts with insane extensions that make OU's Bob Stoops look underpaid.

For all of us, it's a check into reality. We had a horrid year in football. We had a horrid year in basketball, by our standards. Yet, we had a great year in baseball. Things could be much worse.

We could be living in Tempe.

stewbacka
06-14-2004, 08:06 PM
I might lose my image by saying this but IMO classy fans don't relish in other's misery or trash where people live.

WildcatPaulG
06-14-2004, 08:24 PM
Stewbacka, you don't relish when we lose? I'm calling bullsh*t...

Chris Bonney
06-14-2004, 08:25 PM
Come on Stewie, while I agree with you, this is the Raunch we are talking about here. Those d*icks deserve it. Especially CactusBoy.

stewbacka
06-14-2004, 10:34 PM
When have I ever been one to stick up for the Ranch? I am like public enemy number 1 there. I am the one who for various reasons dubbed it the Pottery Barn.
Call me a liar but I really don't get any joy when you guys lose. I used to but what is the point itís unproductive. I have too many friends and relatives to hate the U of A. The manager of my Sox and the captain of my Pats are alums. I would rather be a part of a rivalry like OSU/UM then what our football game was last year. I would rather beat Olson when the hoops team is at the top. I think Tobacco Road for hoops and the old Big East were awesome. For those things to happen you both schools to be good. I still want to beat you guys just as badly. Now its because I want bragging rights on friends not out of some petty hatred of people I don't know.

Chris Bonney
06-14-2004, 10:46 PM
Just giving ya crap Stewie. I know you hate the Raunch and CactusBOy with a passion, which is good. Shows me you have at least a couple of redeeming qualities, at least for an ASSU guy!

stewbacka
06-14-2004, 11:10 PM
I have no idea who cactusboy is. Is it Drake?

Chris Bonney
06-14-2004, 11:54 PM
Yes

stewbacka
06-15-2004, 12:38 AM
Boyle