PDA

View Full Version : Trade

Chicat
06-17-2004, 03:16 PM
Mets get Hidalgo

In an effort to inject some juice into their lineup, the Mets have obtained outfielder Richard Hidalgo from the Astros in exchange for right-handed reliever David Weathers, according to a report Thursday on the New York Daily News Web site.

However, WFAN sports radio in New York reports that the Mets deny it's a done deal and that talks are continuing.

Hidalgo, 28, hit 44 homers and drove in 122 runs as recently as 2000, but has fallen off since and is now a part-time player with a .256 average, four homers and 30 RBI in 199 at-bats.

Weathers, 34, has appeared in 32 games and is 5-3 record with a 4.28 ERA, but like Hidalgo had figured less and less lately in his team's plans.

According to the Daily News report, the Astros will send $4 million to the Mets to jettison Hidalgo, who is scheduled to make $12 million this season and $15 million in 2005, although the Mets seem certain to buy out that final year for $2 million. Weathers is making nearly $4 million this year, the final season of his contract.

MinorThreat22
06-17-2004, 06:43 PM
Fantasy owners should pick up Jason Lane immediately if they're weak in the OF.

Crackem
06-21-2004, 08:46 PM
Don't bother. I picked him up in a league. He's doomed to hit .220 the rest of the year, if he stays healthy. Not the best of fantasy years for me.

MinorThreat22
06-22-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Crackem
Don't bother. I picked him up in a league. He's doomed to hit .220 the rest of the year, if he stays healthy. Not the best of fantasy years for me.

If that happens, it won't be your fault, it'll be Jimmy Williams'. What is his issue with young players? He's basically ruined Ensberg, and last night he started Palmeiro in place of Lane. Hopefully the HR that Lane hit will relegate Palmerio back to the bench.

Chicat
06-22-2004, 12:20 PM
His issue is the same as why his starters pitch the least amount of innings year in and year out. He trusts no one.