PDA

View Full Version : Legally Kenny

the real dill
06-21-2004, 09:35 PM
Where is Rice? I can't seem to find him anywhere in the bracket?

LegallyKenny
06-21-2004, 10:28 PM
Scouring the Mexican leagues to pick up some ineligble talent so we can compete on even terms with UT.

the real dill
06-21-2004, 11:07 PM
you would think that strippers and sex parties would even the field?

UA_Engineer
06-22-2004, 02:17 AM
I was visiting Rice during their stripping party... stayed in the dorm that was throwing it

I cant say it was much of a party... kinda cool that the school allowed them to do it though

LegallyKenny
06-22-2004, 02:47 AM
UAE - you're thinking of the Mardi Gras party and Hanszen College (my dorm actually), which has had its moments (usually one cutie a year out of the 10 or so who strip). Dill is referring to the allegations by a couple of former football players that recruits were taken to strip clubs during their recruiting trip. Now, as we all know, no UT player has ever had a drink, seen a stripper, or nailed a compliant coed during a UT recruting visit, so these unsubstantiated allegations, which have resulted in to no conference or NCAA investigation or sanctions are clearly damning. As opposed to UT flagarantly violating the basic rules of amature athletics - you don't play guys who've been paid to play, and you don't have boosters paying your volunteer assistant coaches and their recruiting expenses.
I will openly admit that UT is the best team in the country this year - watching the 4 games against Rice proved it to me (though I think Rice was probably the second best team in the country), I just hope UT enjoys their tarnished championships.

the real dill
06-22-2004, 04:15 PM
take it easy Kenny. Yes, the school didn't get in trouble but the board of regents damn near killed all Division 1 athletics over it. First off, the guy your talking about is in double a, and was punished by the NCAA and the school was not punished because they didn't know about it. by the way the payment was a plane ticket, how would the UT staff have found out someone bought him a plane ticket while he was in Mexico? Rice, was good, damn good, well unless you ask Texas Southern, who I might add was swept by a couple D-2 schools.

Unfortunately, Ive been to a couple of those Rice parties. Needless to say, not the craziest parties in town.