PDA

View Full Version : So-Cals.........

NorCalCat
06-24-2004, 02:10 AM
did you enjoy your small taste of first place?

Well, the universe is back in it's proper alignment, the Sun is rising in the east and setting in the west, taxes are still due on the 15th of April, and the Dodgers are looking up in the standings at the Giants. Isn't life wonderful?

Don't worry, I'm sure sometime this millenium you'll get a taste of the post-season.

LOL

Morgan
06-24-2004, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by NorCalCat

Don't worry, I'm sure sometime this millenium you'll get a taste of the post-season.

LOL

Please see October 2002. Thanks.

NorCalCat
06-24-2004, 12:12 PM
You didn't think I was talking about the Angels did you?

Does anyone even follow the junior circuit?

I love you guys, all wrapped up in Dodger blue until the realization that they stink hits. All of a sudden, woo-hoo, break out the rally monkey.

I mean, it's unimaginable to me that I would EVER root for the Oakland A's in anything.

So fine, take your solace in the '02 Angels, but deep, deep down in your heart you know it's ony 1/20th as satisfying as it would be to see Tommy Fatsorda and the rest of the Blue losers celebrating a title.

ZONACAT
06-24-2004, 12:56 PM
USA Track and field sprinter Tim Montgomery implicats Bonds in Balco.

BONDS CHEATS!! (http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=1827368)

Enjoy the circus, Im sure this wont distract them.

BTW Rangers in first place!!!!

Morgan
06-24-2004, 02:22 PM

I mean, it's unimaginable to me that I would EVER root for the Oakland A's in anything.

So fine, take your solace in the '02 Angels, but deep, deep down in your heart you know it's ony 1/20th as satisfying as it would be to see Tommy Fatsorda and the rest of the Blue losers celebrating a title.

I don't know what you are talking about, I grew up in Orange County (also part of So Cal). We had season tickets to the Halos growing up and I've been to Dodger stadium once. I respect the A's. The Giants have a sweet ball park, but seriously. If the Cubs and Red Sox ever win a title they will have to come up with some curse that is haunting the Giants. No World Series victories in SF? The Quake? Spezio? Damn.

NorCalCat
06-24-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Morgan
I don't know what you are talking about, I grew up in Orange County (also part of So Cal). We had season tickets to the Halos growing up and I've been to Dodger stadium once. I respect the A's. The Giants have a sweet ball park, but seriously. If the Cubs and Red Sox ever win a title they will have to come up with some curse that is haunting the Giants. No World Series victories in SF? The Quake? Spezio? Damn.

OK, so ignore the original post, it doesn't apply to you. I should have prefaced it with "So-Cal Dodger fans".

I have no lingering hatred for the Halos. In '02 they we're a scrappy bunch of overachievers who capitalized on a fortuitous bit of managerial error and bullpen implosion. It was a great series for them. I'm honsetly surprised that there are more than a few folks who really consider themselves lifelong "Angel" fans. And if they did, I'm even more surprised they wouldn't detest the Bums from Chavez Ditch. I guess you southerners (present company excluded) are more inclined to love a "winner" than be loyal to an actual franchise win or lose.

When you think So-Cal, the flagship franchise (Sorry Lakers) is the Dodgers. And as a "Nor-Cal, we have been loving the last 15 years of Dodger "suckage".

drewthejew
06-25-2004, 11:22 PM
That's OK...us dodger fans have enjoyed the Gnats last 40 years of choking in the playoffs.

Ben Hansen
06-25-2004, 11:26 PM
THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT!

Nice pitch, Ralph.

Nice series, LA. Get out the brooms...

NorCalCat
06-26-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Ben Hansen
THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT!

Nice pitch, Ralph.

Nice series, LA. Get out the brooms...

Beautiful Ben, just beautiful.

The big blue ship is sinking fast.

Morgan
06-26-2004, 06:04 PM
Beautiful Ben, just beautiful.

The big blue ship is sinking fast.

13-0

Darin Erstad, my least favorite Angel, hit a dong. Wow. His first of the year. At this pace he will make 2.5 million for ever HR on the season. But he gets "productive outs."

It's LIMA TIME!!!

Auercat
06-26-2004, 08:25 PM
as long as you and Hansen keep on talking...

THE GIANTS WILL NEVER WIN THE WORLD SERIES. :smokin:

Bearing Down on Going on 46 Years With No Rings

Auercat

PS The Giants wonderful sweep of a pathetic Dodger team (Gagne and Beltre excepted) deserves its proper kudos. Props to SF on beating a team they have no business being tied in the season series with. The Giants on paper should be at least 10 games ahead of the Dodgers at this point and time. :)

azcat34
06-27-2004, 04:19 AM
Enjoy the long winter.

Again.

wosn99
06-29-2004, 12:43 AM
Gimme a break! Just because SF wins one freaking series, everyone in the Bay Area thinks the old Giants of the 2000-2003 are back. Whatever. This race is going down to the last few weeks, unless someone makes a huge trade and pulls away.

Class of 1990
06-29-2004, 01:52 AM
Are we forgetting ?
________
Honda Prelude (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_Prelude)

Ben Hansen
06-29-2004, 02:20 AM
Pads are gonna be in it all the way. I'm still in amazement that the Dogers won't trade for a bat down the line and finally score some runs to go with their pitching. I mean, are they really <I>that</I> dumb?

And about the Giants, they just win, baby.

The Ghost of Will Clark is carrying them...even though The Thrill is probably down on the Bayou drinking and hunting as we speak.

azcat34
06-29-2004, 03:24 AM
the Giants sweeping the Dodgers last week.

It's about the Giants being better then the Dodgers EVERY season the past EIGHT, and hopefully making it nine.

It's great to make fun of the Giants choking in the playoffs (which they obviously have). But to make fun of your rival choking when your team isn't in the playoffs is sad.

Thank god the Dodgers hired Paul DePodesta so they can at least have hope of being good sometime in the near future.

That being said this season is far from a done deal but I have great confidence the Dodgers will make their trademark fade from the division lead. Hopefully it will start tomorrow.

S.O.

wosn99
06-29-2004, 04:47 PM
Hate to do this to ya but the Dodgers have been one of the most consistent teams in the NL over the last CENTURY. Every team has rough patches, the Dodgers' rough patch just happens to be occuring now. The Giants went through a rough patch as well, it's called the SIXTIES and the SEVENTIES! Next to the Cards in the NL, no one has been as consistent as Brooklyn/LA. Regardless, whoever wins this series in LA should have some momentum. Even in the the LA TImes today, DePodesta said the coming 10 games will determine if the DOdgers are buyers or sellers, a little premature in my opinion considering how weak the division is.

azcat34
06-29-2004, 08:52 PM
DePodesta selling unless things turn desperate very quickly.

S.O.

wosn99
06-29-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by azcat34
DePodesta selling unless things turn desperate very quickly.

S.O.

I would agree. This race looks too tight all season for any of those three to just give up. DePo was, I think trying to send a message to his team.