PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Williams

walk-on-wildcat
07-25-2004, 01:42 AM
AKA Bison Dele (AKA Brian Williams) calls it quits because he wants to travel the world, spend time doing his hobbies, have more time with his kids, and enjoy his money.

Smart man. The dude doing ESPNEWS (when the story first broke) basically called him a looney. I wish I could remember his exact words.

SnowCat
07-25-2004, 01:56 AM
Your AKA's are definitely wrong.

Bison Dele, AKA Brian Williams (that part is right), is dead and never played football.

I agree that it may be a smart move. If he feels he has enough money and values his health as well, great move.

Merkin
07-25-2004, 02:48 AM
You never saw old Detroit Lions running back (name escapes me this second) who retired just short of breaking the all time running yards try and come back. Ricky no doubt saw that.

I think the Bison Dele analogy is a good one, although I would also say that Berkeley Breathed and Bill Watterson are similar type people who retired while top of their particular game.

I think the difference with Bison is that he really never liked the game, and only played it because he was good at it.

ZONACAT
07-25-2004, 06:24 AM
But good for him....He has his health and if he dosent want to play thats his decision....

To be honest, he hasn't been in it since college....He broke the records and got his degree than after that he wasnt the same.....

The Dolphins and the NFL are losing a GREAT player.....

It;s time for him to do what he wants to do....

Have fun Rickey, dont blow it all at once.