PDA

View Full Version : Anthrax scare at Candlestick

Officer Craig
11-17-2004, 07:13 PM
It's been a tough year for us 9er fans...

News Release: Anthrax Scare at "Candlestick" CNN: The San Francisco 49ers football practice was delayed nearly two hours today after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the practice field. Head Coach Dennis Erickson immediately suspended practice while San Francisco police and federal investigators were called to investigate. After a complete analysis, forensic experts determined that the white substance unknown to the players was the goal line. Practice was resumed after law enforcement officials decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again.

Bison79
11-17-2004, 07:16 PM
It's been a tough year for us 9er fans...

News Release: Anthrax Scare at "Candlestick" CNN: The San Francisco 49ers football practice was delayed nearly two hours today after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the practice field. Head Coach Dennis Erickson immediately suspended practice while San Francisco police and federal investigators were called to investigate. After a complete analysis, forensic experts determined that the white substance unknown to the players was the goal line. Practice was resumed after law enforcement officials decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again.

I don't know if that's a joke or you're serious, and then even further, I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

budd1e_lee
11-17-2004, 07:37 PM
I was thinking to myself "what the hell is wrong with these players, are they really looking that closely at the fiield.." then BAM "...the white substance unknown to the players was the goal line." I fell out of my chair laughing, HILARIOUS!!

Zona Dave
11-17-2004, 09:29 PM
OC, that was perfect.. Announcement over PA: "Attention 49'er offensive players-Please stay from the white powdery substance known as the goaline"...

I could hear the players while in the huddle they're saying "Hey I can do that" and "I'm not gonna go anywhere near that thing"... CLASSIC. Here's my Rep for that.