PDA

View Full Version : Sporting News gives Cats in NBA props

GlobalCat
11-18-2004, 02:21 PM
I was at the gym last night and picked up a Sporting News while doing cardio. In that edition (Nov 1st I think) they had a listing of the top 50 NBA players in the league today.

Which college had the most players in that list? UoA with 3, tying Duke for first.

Richard, Gilbert and Bibby all made the list.

Chicat
11-18-2004, 02:27 PM
Gil made the top 50? I guess I shouldn't be so surprised, but I am . . .

JMarkJohns
11-18-2004, 03:33 PM
I'm a little surprised at it.

Duke's were, hmm, let me guess, Brand, Maggette and Boozer...

North Carolina should have several (Carter, Jameson (if gil made it), Wallace, Stackhouse (again, gil)...
Connecticut could have three as well (Allen, Rip and Okafor)...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Prep-to-pros accounted for half of the top-20...

budd1e_lee
11-18-2004, 04:01 PM
no way OKafor should be included in that list, he hasnt DONE anything yet... and Rasheed is a bum this year, I know because he's killing my fantasy team, although he's put up numbers enough over the years to be on that list.

JMarkJohns
11-18-2004, 04:05 PM
I agree about Okafor, though his number have been very good.

Wallace IS a top-50 player, but doesn't necessarily put up the stats like a top-50 player. He always makes an impact, reguardless of what the statline says after the game. Thing is, he no-longer needs to score, rebound or blockshots as the number-one guy.

He's easily the third scorer, the distant second rebounder and the distant second shot-blocker...but the impact he makes is top-50, that's what I was getting at.

budd1e_lee
11-18-2004, 04:11 PM
I agree about Okafor, though his number have been very good.

Wallace IS a top-50 player, but doesn't necessarily put up the stats like a top-50 player. He always makes an impact, reguardless of what the statline says after the game. Thing is, he no-longer needs to score, rebound or blockshots as the number-one guy.

He's easily the third scorer, the distant second rebounder and the distant second shot-blocker...but the impact he makes is top-50, that's what I was getting at.

I wont completely disagree although on the season he is the 127th ranked fantasy player... thats just not good, its not typical for him however so Ill cut him some slack. Iggy who is also on my team is hovering right around the 50 mark for fantasy rankings simply because he does sooo many things, but I wouldnt make him top-50 just yet. If he can keep up this same type of all-around production while upping those numbers I truly think he will be a fill up the box-score like AK47.

by the way I use fantasy rankings because its the easiest way to compare raw numbers on a large scale for the league

JMarkJohns
11-18-2004, 04:57 PM
I don't do fantasy Leagues...I know, it's shocking. I never have and likely never will.

budd1e_lee
11-18-2004, 05:20 PM
I don't do fantasy Leagues...I know, it's shocking. I never have and likely never will.

I didnt until last year, and it adds an element of interest to even the most lack-luster games, and since we have league pass I need a reason to watch all of those games. :smokin: