PDA

View Full Version : Suspensions are in!

Jason Scheer
11-21-2004, 01:43 PM
May not be official but according to the Pistons play by play man they are in. Just go to Ben Maller.com but Ill post what it says on the site:

Ron Artest will be suspended by the NBA for 30 games according to a report on Fox Sports Radio. Jermaine O'Neal and Stephen Jackson of the Pacers will also be out of action for 20 games each while Pistons star Ben Wallace will miss five games for their roles in the fight in Detroit Friday night.

Fred McLeod, pbp voice of the Pistons on FSN Detroit, reported on the suspensions during a live radio interview on GameTime react with Ben Maller and Chris Landry on Fox Sports Radio Saturday night.

So basically the NBA single handedly ruined their season. I am curious as to the rules. Would they have to serve it at the same time? If so, are the Pacers allowed to pick up players since they only have 6?

Chicat
11-21-2004, 02:37 PM
I just don't think it's enough for the Pacers trio. I would have liked to have seen 20 games for O'Neal, 30 games for Jackson, and Artest should have been done for the year. And I'd like to see them run at the same time. Just ruin their season. It will give other guys pause before they run up into the stands.

muffley
11-21-2004, 02:41 PM
I'm surprised Jackson did not get more, although the rest seem OK. I assume they will not receive any salary during this time. And the possible civil suits.

But no doubt the NBA players association will appeal.

Class of 1990
11-21-2004, 02:43 PM
Jackson should have gotten the longest. Artest should have gotten 20 along with O'neal.

Wallace should have gotten 10 because of what his actions led to. Inciting the crowd.

muffley
11-21-2004, 02:46 PM
Jackson should have gotten the longest. Artest should have gotten 20 along with O'neal.

Wallace should have gotten 10 because of what his actions led to. Inciting the crowd.

I think Wallace would have gotten 2 if nothing else happened. It wasn't his fault Artest was an ass and had to go lay on the scorers table.

But I also agree Jackson should have gotten more, or at least equal to Artest.

I am also curious what is going to happen to the fans. I hope those throwing the objects would be banned for life, and the one going on the court arrested.

HiCat
11-21-2004, 03:54 PM
Artest should have been gone for the year. He was in three separate incidents during this mess. First on the court , in the stands chasing the wrong fan and beating on him, then punching out another fan on the court..

His past speaks for itself... it's a business..

muffley
11-21-2004, 03:57 PM
Did you see the Rodman interview on ESPN motion? He said it was all Artest's fault for fouling him so hard. Said the game was over, no way the Pistons could come back from 15 down with 45 seconds left. The game was already over, and he would never do that in such a situation.

HiCat
11-21-2004, 04:01 PM
Rodman talking about who's wrong here... ha...what's wrong with this picture? Guess he's speaking from his experience..

JMarkJohns
11-21-2004, 04:07 PM
The foul was silly, no doubt. It wasn't necessary, but it wasn't that hard a foul and the only reason Wallace reacted the way he did was because it was Artest...

The reaction was even more silly and quite unecessary given the score...

One question that I haven't seen asked is if the game was so out of hand, why were both teams starters still in. If they were taken out, like is normal in a late, one-sided affair, then nothing would have happened...

I don't fault Artest for the foul as that's just the way he plays. He plays hard and emotionally and if he wasn't so stupid, would prolly be more celebrated for it. But when high emotions are mixed with a lack of common sense, bad things occur.

Wallace needs the five games to think about what he did. If he doesn't overreact to Artest's silly foul, then the fight doesn't ever happen...He had an Artest moment, but was lucky enough to be playing in Detroit and not in Indianapolis, where he'd have been the one being booed and heckled and antagonized for his unnecessary response.

HiCat
11-21-2004, 04:14 PM
Wallace took himself out of the game when he fouled. Not mentally tough to let another player get into your head like that. That's a lesson that Wilt learned early on in his career. Don't fr...n beat the crap out of the other player or throw him into the stands, because all the refs will do is throw you out of the game. Let your playing do the talking. Just play harder and smarter and win the game.