PDA

View Full Version : Artest's suspension for the year means...

Ben Hansen
11-22-2004, 01:00 AM
Richard Jefferson just waltzed into an easy All-Star berth. That is as close to a 100% certainty as life allows. RJ's an All-Star.

JMarkJohns
11-22-2004, 01:16 AM
Let's see...

SG-SF's likely worthy of the spot.
SG - James, Iverson, Hamilton, Redd...
SF - Pierce, Jameson...

This doesn't even include Grant Hill who's playing great and Vince Carter who always gets votes...

I think there is a very good chance, but it's unlikely he'll be voted in as a starter so he'll need the coaches to ignore the team's record and vote him in, which is a push at best right now.

Class of 1990
11-22-2004, 01:24 AM
Where is the "Free Artest" shirts in Indy ?

"Remeber when we first met" - Ron Artest to David Stern

SnowCat
11-22-2004, 01:29 AM
Grant Hill was a lock by the fans as soon as he played his 2nd game. Vince played 4 games, he's in. Silly fans. Lebron is in as well. I doubt Pierce will be passed up either.

Rip Hamilton just won a title. That always counts big.

Olympic team caught hell for not picking Redd last year, so he'll get a benefit of the doubt call if it's close.

RJ needs fan support, which appears to be illegal in New Jersey.

Class of 1990
11-22-2004, 01:36 AM
Mitz maybe RJ will get the write in vote in Brooklyn ?

GlobalCat
11-22-2004, 01:57 AM
Rip won't get in because he has low name recognition (read: no national sponsorships). Vince Carter might be playing for Portland come All-Star time.

Even though Iverson plays more SG, isn't he usually listed as a PG?

LaBron is in because he is LaBron.

So basically it comes down to Pierce, Redd and RJ. RJ and Pierce have big time shoe deals with RJ's getting him the most national attention. Redd doesn't. I give the nod to RJ and Pierce getting in.

JMarkJohns
11-22-2004, 02:02 AM
It's all about the team...it really is. I remember a few years ago, Marion had amazing stats for the SF position and was a lock by all accounts. Instead he was passed over because of the Suns current record (M. Finley was picked in his sted -Nelson was the coach).

The following year Marion was picked for the team, despite having worse number than the previous two years...he was picked because the Suns were in the thick of the playoff chase...

Rip should make it and Carter is unlikely to be traded. RJ might deserve it, but will need to at least have the nets compete...currently Boston sits atop the division with a 4-4 record, so it's still very much up for grabs.