PDA

View Full Version : Pac 10 pros...

AzDave
11-24-2004, 02:09 AM
I assume I'm not the only one here who follows not only ex Cats, but also other ex Pac 10 players in the NBA. I was just wondering if anyone has noticed that Childress seems to be playing pretty well.

Nothing spectacular by any means, but after the preseason and the first couple games of the regular season I thought he'd get maybe 10 minutes a game. Granted I haven't actually SEEN any Hawks games (thank God for that), but JC has cracked the starting lineup, and has put up pretty solid all around numbers over the last few games.

Meanwhile, a guy I thought was more likely to make an impact, Luke Jackson, has yet to get off the bench as far as I know. I still think Luke will get his chance sooner or later, but I guess he's just not quite ready yet.

GlobalCat
11-24-2004, 04:07 AM
I saw him in the game against the Suns and he didn't do much at all. But at least he got to play (on the worst team in the league).

The HS'er Josh Smith played like a bad ass though.

budd1e_lee
11-24-2004, 04:43 AM
Luke Jackson is on the IL at last check

Zero
11-24-2004, 05:58 AM
bulls or new orleans worst team

JMarkJohns
11-24-2004, 01:49 PM
New Orleans is missing it's best player, so the bad start isn't necessarily indictive of teir team and talent...The Bulls on the other hand are as good as they are going to get, barring any significant improvement...

A better question, Bulls or Bobcats...who's better?

Bobcats already have two wins...

Merkin
11-24-2004, 01:54 PM
I really had high expectations for Luke Jackson. He was the team last year, and really impressed the scouts with his athletic ability in the camps. White boy really had some hops and was touted the true successor to Larry Bird.

DavidImmel
11-24-2004, 01:57 PM
Bobcats are better than the Bulls; anyone noticing my guy Ariza?

JMarkJohns
11-24-2004, 02:23 PM
I think the Bobcats are better, simply because they play hard.

Ariza has done well...I read that one of the Knicks officials stole Kapono's quote of "If I had gone to Europe for a year and changed my name to Kaponovic, I would have been a lottory pick" of a year ago...

The official gloated, "If he'd have been named Arizavic, he'd have gone top-3".....doubtful, but it prolly holds water with Kapono more so than Ariza...If Ariza would have stayed in School one more year he likely could have been a lotto pick, since this years crop is relatively weak...