PDA

View Full Version : Is is just my imagination . . . ?

ByJoveByJingle
11-26-2004, 11:14 PM
Or have there been a ton of Pacers and Pistons games nationally broadcast since Friday? Can this be just a coincidence?

{sorry about perpetuating the brawl thing . . . but this is ridiculous already}

JMarkJohns
11-26-2004, 11:33 PM
It is just a coincidence.

I formatted the 2004-05 TV schedule months ago and these are in fact the game scheduled. It seems unlikely, but true.

I contended in another thread, one that was removed from this forum and moved to "The Proud Tradition," that the NBA needs/needed to do two things...

1. Confiscate all the film of the fight from the various media outlets. This is not a new idea as the NFL does it all the time. They allow the video of a game to circulate out there for a couple of weeks, then reclaim them and put them in a vault...this is the reason why on shows like "The Sports List" or ESPN's ranking's you never see video footage...the NFL sells it property...it doesn't give it away.

2. Replace every Nationally Televised Pacers or Pistons game for three reasons.
...for punishment.
...to rid itself of unnecessary fight talk.
...to hype and showcase the good in the league.

Teams like Phoenix, Seattle, Cleveland and Orlando all have compelling stories and/or players...

—Phoenix leads the Pacific, has second-best record in the League and has players in the top-5 in many statistical catagories (PPG - Stoudemire; RPG - Marion; APG - Nash; SPG - Marion; FG% - Nash, Stoudemire; 3FG% - Johnson)...
—Seattle has the best record in the League and has a half-dozen of the League best shooters...a very fun team to watch and cheer for...
—Cleveland has LeBron...
—Orlando has a healthy Grant Hill putting up all-star numbers...

All four of these teams are averging around 100ppg and all have very good records.

The NBA needs to doll itself up to distract from its black-eye...

Like I said before, out of sight, out of mind...