PDA

View Full Version : Shaun King not the Answer!

2002Alum
11-29-2004, 11:27 AM
What is up with the Cards starting King over McCown??? King has never done anything in the NFL. I don't believe McCown is that great, but he is a million times better than King. The Cards better draft a good QB in this years draft or at least get Drew Brees...

killervibe
11-29-2004, 04:43 PM
What is up with the Cards starting King over McCown??? King has never done anything in the NFL. I don't believe McCown is that great, but he is a million times better than King. The Cards better draft a good QB in this years draft or at least get Drew Brees...

As long as their offensive line is as pourous as a spagetti strainer there is no chance any quarterback aside from Michael Vick will have success in Arizona.

2002Alum
11-29-2004, 06:09 PM
Agreed... But, McCown was 4-2 in his last 6 games and he gets benched? It makes no sense. I just heard on ESPN that Navarre (the 3rd string) is starting on Sunday. McCown really must have pissed Dennis Green off somehow...

BibbysTowelDude
11-30-2004, 02:47 AM
They could have signed Jeff George....

Class of 1990
11-30-2004, 02:55 AM
Or Kris Heavner. They couldn't do worse.

Denny Green is an ego driven fool. Should have kept McCown in.

Morgan
11-30-2004, 10:00 PM
didn't the Cards have a shot at Kerry Collins? Brilliant move to pass on him.

Footballjunkie
12-02-2004, 10:15 PM
I thik that McCown ticked off Dennis Green when he threw into coverage one too many times. Also, he was not just taking what the defenses were giving him.

If you're on a team coached by Dennis Green, be prepared to play or pack your bags. If Navarre shows some stuff on Sunday, look for Green to use McCown as bait to move up in the first round to draft a top QB prospect or trade for one. If you're not a smart QB with Green, you're gone, quickly. Ask Andre Ware.

People were quick to say that other coaches were racist when they cut Ware with all of his Heisman talent. When Green cut him within two weeks, noting that he just didn't have what it takes, and all of the "racist coaches" talk ended. Ware had been cut by a Black coach.

Ware is in broadcasting now.

Footballjunkie
12-06-2004, 09:18 PM
said on NFL access today that the reason Dennis Green is doing a 360 on the quarterbacks is that he realizes "none of these guys is any good". Also that Green is very impatient and wants immediate results.

catgrad97
12-06-2004, 10:35 PM
Really, Dennis Green, you just figured that out? Sheer brilliance. :rolleyes:

Naming Josh McCown your day-one starter and grabbing the first QB with experience as your backup in free agency doesn't exactly make you feel secure about the new sheriff in town. Sigh...the Cardinals need a talent and heart transplant.

Footballjunkie
12-07-2004, 02:42 PM
Really, Dennis Green, you just figured that out? Sheer brilliance. :rolleyes:

Naming Josh McCown your day-one starter and grabbing the first QB with experience as your backup in free agency doesn't exactly make you feel secure about the new sheriff in town. Sigh...the Cardinals need a talent and heart transplant.Maby Dennis must be getting old. I was never sold on Josh McCown from the start. He makes alot of poor on-field decisions and Green probably got fed up with it as McCown is in his second year now.
John Navarre is smart and looked good for almost the entire first half against Detroit. it seems as though Navarre has a bone chip in his finger that needs surgery and may have affected his throws and timing in the second half.

My prediction: at least two of the current quarterbacks won't be here next year. The Cardinals have the tall WR's that Green likes that go get the ball but he lacks the QB with the quick release that can deliver the ball to the open area. I'm still upset that he passed on Big Ben and Phillip Rivers. He could have even gotten an extra late pick or two and still have gotten Fitzsgerald if thats who he wanted. If Fitz wasn't there, Roy Williams would have been.

2002Alum
12-07-2004, 06:54 PM
I just heard that McCown is going to start this Sunday's game. Apparantly, Navarre broke a finger on Sunday... Either way, the Cardinals will never be a winning team unless there is new ownership...