PDA

View Full Version : McGrady's Last 35 Seconds in the Game

HiCat
12-10-2004, 11:05 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=241209010

Chicat
12-10-2004, 11:12 AM
Lost in all of that was Tim Duncan's 26 point, 18 rebound, 7 block performance . . .

Bison79
12-10-2004, 11:33 AM
Did he really score 13 points in one minute? Is that how pathetic NBA defense is? That they let ONE man against FIVE NBA players score 13 points in one minute?

By that pace, he'd obliterate Chamberlain's record of 100 points in one game by about 524 points *624 points in 48 minutes, isn't each quarter 12 minutes*

Good god that's pathetic....

EDIT: Actually, ESPN says it was 13 points with 35 seconds left, so technically if he could last 48 minutes, he would have scored 1,248 points...so if he played that way the entire game, I'd say he would have eclipsed Chamberlain's record, but alas, it was not to be....

F Duke
12-10-2004, 12:02 PM
I couldn't believe my eyes. McGrady was on another level. Three in a row for the crappy Rockets. Now they get Phoenix's joke schedule for the next 15 games. Hopefully they can put a run together.

JMarkJohns
12-10-2004, 02:13 PM
FD, don't be a hater...

Phoenix has played Cleveland twice (1-1), LA Lakers twice (2-0), Dallas once (1-0), Minnesota once (0-1), Sacramento once (0-1) and Utah before their tailspin (1-0)

Those are six playoff teams for a total of 8 games and a 5-3 record against. That's not even counting Portland and the Clippers who are off to fine starts (2-0)...

Suns lost in Overtime in cleveland, by two to the kings and in the final minutes to Minnesota...give it a rest...

Houston is playing better of late, but their's no need to blame the Suns success on the scheduling, because that's simply not the case...

The Suns success is stemmed from being the best road team in the NBA right now, or at least, one of the best. Beat LA Lakers, Clippers, Portland, Utah, Dallas all on the road...

F Duke
12-10-2004, 03:04 PM
I was just baiting you JMARK. It's Friday and I wanted to see you get all worked up. I don't disagree that Phoenix is one of the best teams in the league right now, but you didn't mention that the other teams they played:

Atlanta 3 -15 - last place
Philly 6 - 12
New Jersey 5 -13 -
Chicago 3 -13 - last place
New Orleans 1 -16 - last place
Chicago again 3 -13 - last place
New Orleans 1 -16 - last place
Milwaukee - 5 -11
Golden St - 5 -13 - last place

That's 9 wins against the worst teams in the league. The Suns have defeated every last place team in every division of the NBA. More than half of your wins have come against the worst teams in the NBA. Again, I think Phoenix is a very good team. But their toughest stretch is coming in late December and January.

JMarkJohns
12-10-2004, 03:04 PM
I went ahead and did my research

Houston has played eight games that should be deemed easy-wins, Phoenix has played nine...

Houson: Toronto, Memphis (2), New Jersey, Atlanta, New York, Philadelphia, New Orleans...
Phoenix: Atlanta, Philly, New Jersey, Chicago (2), New Orleans (2), Milwaukee and Golden State

Houston has played six teams that would be considered winnable, Phoenix has played five...

Houston: Detroit (2), Portland, Utah, Denver, LA Clippers...
Phoenix: Cleveland (2), LA Clippers, Utah, Portland...

Houston has played five games against serious contenders, Phoenix has played five...

Houston: Sacramento(2), Minnesota, LA Lakers, San Antonio...
Phoenix: Sacramento, Dallas, LA Lakers (2), Minnesota...

I don't think the ONE extra game for Phoenix versus Loser-teams is the difference between Phoenix's 16-3 record and Houston's 9-11 record.

JMarkJohns
12-10-2004, 03:10 PM
I was just baiting you JMARK. It's Friday and I wanted to see you get all worked up.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I figured, but am always game...

I real pissed that Insidehoops hasn't updated it's Daily recaps and Amico report yet...

Even though I build the sports section of a newspaper for a living, I like to relax and read the recaps and info...Call it my morning cup of coffee if you will

AND I HAVEN'T HAD MINE YET THIS MORNING....

PointGuardU03
12-10-2004, 03:26 PM
T-Mac was incredible last night. His stretch run made a pretty boring game a memorable one. I still don't know what the hell Devin Brown was thinking, jus thold the ball! The NBA doesn't have a five second rule, eventually you will get fouled.

JMarkJohns
12-10-2004, 03:28 PM
More than half of your wins have come against the worst teams in the NBA.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can only beat who's scheduled.

At the end of the year, I'd venture to say all contenders will have half their wins be against the bottom-feeders...

F Duke
12-10-2004, 03:54 PM
After wasting the last 30 minutes to prove you wrong, I realized that you are right and my theory sucks.

JMarkJohns
12-10-2004, 04:01 PM
After wasting the last 30 minutes to prove you wrong, I realized that you are right and my theory sucks.

Hope it was as good for you as it was for me :smokin: :wink2: :tongue:

This helped make up for the absense of Daily Recaps and the Weekly Amico report, thanks for the banter...