PDA

View Full Version : Life Get Up Close (Kobe's charmed life)

HiCat
12-15-2004, 09:29 AM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-bryant15dec15,1,7221593.column?coll=la-headlines-sports

"Since Kobe met and became engaged to Vanessa Laine in the summer of 2000, he has split from everyone in his original inner circle parents, sisters, extended family and agent, not to mention Shaquille O'Neal and Phil Jackson."

You think he's learned anything about being an adult yet? Just wondering...

Bison79
12-15-2004, 09:47 AM
I wonder if a couple of years in college would have done him good?

Well, he's not exactly an intelligent man to begin with, so he would have flunked out of college, unless he went somewhere that buys their grades for them...

Kobe's a joke, he can score a ****load of points, but no one in their right mind wants to play with him. Welcome to mediocrocy(sp?) Kobe. None of the big name players in the NBA want to play with you, so you're going to be mediocore for a long time...

Probably not, but I can hope can't I?

Chicat
12-15-2004, 12:46 PM
Actually Kobe is pretty intelligent. He speaks a few languages and is pretty well versed in current events (from what I've heard him say anyway). He doesn't strike me as an unintelligent person, but maybe one who doesn't have a whole lot of common sense, and is so wrapped up in himself and his image that he has no respect for the people around him.

muffley
12-15-2004, 01:04 PM
Kobe grew up in Italy, and if I understand it correctly, this has led him to be different than the other players on his team. He came back to the US as a teenager, and really didn't know how to fit in.

Bison79
12-15-2004, 01:18 PM
Actually Kobe is pretty intelligent. He speaks a few languages and is pretty well versed in current events (from what I've heard him say anyway). He doesn't strike me as an unintelligent person, but maybe one who doesn't have a whole lot of common sense, and is so wrapped up in himself and his image that he has no respect for the people around him.

Chi, that's what I meant, I gotta remember that intelligence, and common sense are two different things...(is reminded of this by Kitty quite often..)

Chicat
12-15-2004, 01:20 PM
Chi, that's what I meant, I gotta remember that intelligence, and common sense are two different things...(is reminded of this by Kitty quite often..)

Yeah, Fem reminds me of that all the time. :rolleyes:

"You are so damned intelligent and quick and well-read, but damn you are dumb as a post."
- Femcat

JMarkJohns
12-15-2004, 01:55 PM
He's fueded with every "Father-figure" he's ever known...He married the girl, to spite his father's request that he don't...he became the selfich jackass today after doing things to spite Shaq, then his coach. When Shaq was still around, Malone was a brother, now that he's gone, he's the one "stealing" the spotlight from him. He's had lots of questions directed to him in reguards to Malone's return. He knows that if Malone does return, he'll likely break the scoring record, thus stealing the show...or becoming bigger than Kobe for several days or weeks...Kobe just can't have such a thing. That's why Coach K would have been such a horrible fit. He does things his way, while Kobe does things his. They would have been abour as happy together as Bush and Moore locked up in a dungeon...It's just no fun when basketball's a prison.