PDA

View Full Version : High praise for Suns from J. Sloan...

JMarkJohns
12-16-2004, 04:07 PM
"They play as efficient as any team I've seen in a long time," Utah coach Jerry Sloan said.

"Everything they do is right on the money. They run hard, they defend hard. They pass the ball. They do everything you want a team to do. And they seem to like each other and that's amazing. This team destroys you. They destroy your will to win."

LINK: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/1216suns1216.html

If only they'd play a conventional lineup for even just half the time. Then I wouldn't feel like I'm being tricked into watching a failure...

19-3...fool's gold. Small ball has a history of failure and typically, it ain't pretty when it leaves ya 'lone...

DCCat
12-16-2004, 05:30 PM
... They destroy your will to win.
Damn, that is very high praise from Sloan.

JMark, I think as long as Nash stays healthy, this team will have a VERY nice regular season. However, it's the kind of team that generally doesn't thrive in the playoffs. Second round exit, possibly.

JMarkJohns
12-16-2004, 08:05 PM
That's exactly what I mean by "fool's gold"...

Fun and 50 fer the Regular season, but two and through for the only season that really matters. That's why I enjoy the team, but am keeping them at an arm's length right now. I've seen it all too often and until they prove this concept against the Spurs, Wolves, Kings and even the Heat and Piston (currently 0-2 against), I'll hold the season near and dear, it just won't be by me heart...

'tis the season, tee hee...

84Cat
12-16-2004, 11:09 PM
Glad to see you are realistic about the Suns chances. I hope they start to improve their record when playing the best of the west. The game tomorrow night should be a lot of fun to watch. 2 teams that have overachieved upto this point in the season. I think this year could prove to be the beginning for them as this team will find out a lot about their mental make-up come playoff time. It took KG and the Wolves about 3 years to toughen up. I think the Suns could do it in a year or two because of Nash. No matter what, this is a fun team to watch.