PDA

View Full Version : All-Star voting is such a travesty...

JMarkJohns
12-16-2004, 05:05 PM
LINK: http://www.nba.com/news/allstar_041216.html

Oh yeah, those sub-500 Rockets deserve to have two STARTERS...

While the Suns and Sonics don't have any...yep, it's not affected by China...not at all. 'cept, there was the last two years where Yao was voted in as a starter, as was his little buddy, Stevie Franchise...neither deserved it then, Yao and McGrady certainly don't deserve it now...

I don't give two shakes that it's for the fans. The Coaches should have half the say int he starters...

I say the fans can vote in one player from each position to the team, not to be a starter...

It should be:
PG - Nash
SG - Kobe or Ray Allen
SF - Garnett
PF - Duncan
C - Stoudemire

Instead:
PG - McGrady
SG - Kobe
SF - Garnett
PF - Duncan
C - Yao

Yao vs. Amare at Center
Yao: 18.3 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.64 bpg on 51% shooting
Amare: 25.8 ppg, 9 rpg, 1.77 bpg on 58% shooting

Factor in record...Amare in a landslide...

McGrady vs. Nash at Guard
McGrady: 22 ppg, 5 rpg, 5 apg on 41% shooting, 29% from range
Nash: 16 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 11 apg on 53% shooting, 40% from range

Factor in record...Nash in a close call...

I don't think it's a coincidence that Yao leads all vote-getters, while his little counterpart leads all the guards in the League...I also find it funny that now that Franchise is on the Magic, he's ranked fourth in the Eastern Guard voting, with less than half of McGrady's total votes...HMMMMMMM :rolleyes:

Chicat
12-16-2004, 05:18 PM
C'mon JMark, 1.3 Billion Chinese voters can't be wrong . . . :D

JMarkJohns
12-16-2004, 10:10 PM
C'mon JMark, 1.3 Billion Chinese voters can't be wrong . . . :D

Yes they can, but since they outnumber us 4-1, they just won't care :D

84Cat
12-16-2004, 10:57 PM
The problem is that Amare is up against Duncan, Dirk and KG, not Yao. So Amare is not going to get many people to select him, me included. As good as Amare is playing he has not achieved the level those guys have. He is in the toughest category possible this year and probably for 5 or more years. On the other hand, McGrady is a joke. He is good but his teams always lose. No way he should even be in the top 5. I'll take Kobe, Nash, Bibby, Ray Allen, or Miller before I even think about McGrady. Funny how the West centers don't look so tough anymore. I remember when it was Shaq, Robinson, Vlade and the guy from Portland. Pretty tough group but now B. Miller is probably the best(At least how they are grouped right now).

JMarkJohns
12-16-2004, 11:27 PM
Amare's played the entire season at CENTER, thus, would qualify for the center spot. Unfortunately, He's not on the ballot at that position, thus is, as you said, stuck behind KG, Duncan and Dirk...

He should, however, be the starting center over Yao...and it's not even close.

84Cat
12-17-2004, 02:29 AM
By the way, can I join you court side next to Jack :cool: ? I bet he was in a good mood tonight as the Lake Show whipped the Queens 115-99. Poor CWeb, still can't beat the Lakers even without Shaq. :roll:

Ben Hansen
12-17-2004, 03:27 AM
Nash and Amare will make the All-Star game for sure no matter what. The starters should never be allowed to be determined by the fans (nor should ANY major decision, by the way). It is not an honor to have fans vote for you in anything because they 98% of them pay attention less than half of the time.

I think Mike Bibby is going to be a close call but will get left out once again, unfortunately. Gil and RJ have very good chances in the (L)east.

LeBron and Nash for Dec. 16 MVPs.

JMarkJohns
12-17-2004, 03:27 AM
I was courtside, Jack was in the Laker Girls dressing room...I was in Sacramento (where the game was tonight), he munchin' on some uni's...

When I get back in town, I'll give a shout out for ya...

JMarkJohns
12-17-2004, 03:37 AM
My Dec. 16th predictions

WESTERN CONFERNCE
Starters...
PG - McGrady
SG - Kobe
SF - Garnett
PF - Duncan
C - Yao
Bench
Guard: Nash, Bibby
Wing: Allen, Marion
Forwards: Dirk, Peja
Center: Amare

Just missin'
Melo - Team not quite good enough, thus Peja gets the nod.
Kirilenko - Didn't play enough, thus Marion gets the nod.
Randolph - Hey, it's the West...

EASTERN CONFERENCE
Starters...
PG - Iverson
SG - James
SF - Carter
PF - Hill
C - Shaq
Bench...
Guards: Francis, Marbury
Wings: Jefferson, Redd
Forwards: Jameson, Wallace
Center: Ilgauskus

Just missin'
Arenas - Hey, it's the East...
Pierce - above
Hamilton - above
Okafor - Too many deserving wings

Embrodak
12-17-2004, 03:58 AM
The problem is that Amare is up against Duncan, Dirk and KG, not Yao. So Amare is not going to get many people to select him, me included. As good as Amare is playing he has not achieved the level those guys have. He is in the toughest category possible this year and probably for 5 or more years. On the other hand, McGrady is a joke. He is good but his teams always lose. No way he should even be in the top 5. I'll take Kobe, Nash, Bibby, Ray Allen, or Miller before I even think about McGrady. Funny how the West centers don't look so tough anymore. I remember when it was Shaq, Robinson, Vlade and the guy from Portland. Pretty tough group but now B. Miller is probably the best(At least how they are grouped right now).

Amare has played the 5 all year and is outplaying dirk in a landslide anyway.