PDA

View Full Version : Carter to NJ

PointGuardU03
12-17-2004, 09:27 PM
Vinsanity has been traded to New Jersey for Alonzo Mourning and Eric Williams. I don't have an opinion on it yet...

JMarkJohns
12-17-2004, 10:22 PM
I do...Boy do I ever...

Ratner has to be the biggest idiot in all of this.

He destroys a Conference Finals-type team, replacing PF Kenyon Martin with SG Vince Carter, paying more for the guard than he would have had he kept Martin.

You can say it was to sell tickets.

On the break, for NJ it didn't get much better than Martin and Kidd on the wings with Kidd oopin' to 'em...

Now he's got a perimeter oriented team, rather than a balanced one. He's now got a team with so very little depth, that Jefferson will likely play PF for parts of the game.

He said he wanted to save money..then takes on more. He said he wanted to rebuild, then takes on salary. He said he wanted excitement, but breaks up a great trio of players, for one whom has had a nagging history of injury...

Can we say DUMB?!?!?!

That said, Jersey will be better and will be an entertaining team...I just would have kept Martin instead of trading for Carter four months later.

Stern's gotta love this as he finally has Carter in the US and right outside New York to boot. Move over Marbury, there's a new jersey (hehehe) in town...