PDA

View Full Version : NFC is a complete joke

TopCat
12-21-2004, 04:11 PM
I find it laughable that my team, the Redskins, are sitting at 5-9 with a decent shot of making the playoffs. That's a bad joke.

The only team of substance, the Eagles, are now so injured they have little hope of winning a Super Bowl.

What's really scary is, if by a fortuitous turn of events, the Redskins were to make the playoffs, with their defense, they'd have a decent shot of being the first team to reach the Super Bowl after entering the playoffs with a losing record.

budd1e_lee
12-21-2004, 05:08 PM
nobody in the NFC should be allowed in the playoffs, it should be AFC only, just rediculous

2002Alum
12-21-2004, 05:14 PM
It has been a sad year for the NFC. Even the Cardinals still have a shot. All be it a long shot. They have to win their last 2 games and Seattle and St. Louis would have to lose their last two games. They are 5-9. Ridiculous...

JMarkJohns
12-21-2004, 05:39 PM
The funniest part...if the Cardinals win out and make the playoffs, they actually HOST a playoff game...I might be wrong, but I believe it would be their first ever playoff host and it would happen with a 7-9 record...

Class of 1990
12-22-2004, 07:45 PM
I find it laughable that my team, the Redskins, are sitting at 5-9 with a decent shot of making the playoffs. That's a bad joke.

The only team of substance, the Eagles, are now so injured they have little hope of winning a Super Bowl.

What's really scary is, if by a fortuitous turn of events, the Redskins were to make the playoffs, with their defense, they'd have a decent shot of being the first team to reach the Super Bowl after entering the playoffs with a losing record.

TopCat the Eagle game a week ago on Sunday night is still killing me. Ramsey INT- WHY ? WHY ? LOL

http://www.authentichistory.com/diversity/native/images/Hail_To_The_Redskins_45rpm_record.jpg

Staf4Wooden
12-22-2004, 08:09 PM
NFC: 5 teams score more than they give up

AFC: 9 teams score more than they give up

NFC: 1 teams is currently on a 5 game winning streak

AFC: 4 teams are currently on a 5 game winning streak

The NFC is in bad shape heading towards the playoffs. McNabb and Vick are the only two players that are capable of saving the conference come Super Bowl time.

TopCat
12-23-2004, 10:33 AM
TopCat the Eagle game a week ago on Sunday night is still killing me. Ramsey INT- WHY ? WHY ? LOL
That was a horrible throw. Ramsey's been known to do that.

Too bad Gibbs stayed with the Brunell experiment for so long. Most people here figure the Skins would be at least 7-7 right now if Ramsey had started the whole season.

I'll tell you what though, with Arrington back on the field, nobody in the NFC would like to draw the Redskins in a game. The defense is wicked and the offense is starting to put it together. They have too many weapons on offense to be as inept as they've been this season. There is a scenario which has Carolina, New Orleans and St Louis losing this weekend, which would basically put the playoffs in the Redskins control with a win in Dallas. That's a 6-9 team in control of it's destiny. Pathetic.

If they make the playoffs, they'd most likely draw their hardest assingment right off the bat, playing the Vikings in their dome. I think that would be the toughest matchup. None of the other teams in the NFC look to pose an impossible challenge. Philedelphia has lost too many players in the past two weeks. They're very beatable now.

budd1e_lee
12-24-2004, 07:42 AM
Arrington is a cornerstone to that D, which has been good, at worst, without him. Outside of TO I bet you wouldnt find an AFC offensive player that wants to see them in the playoffs. And with Portis in the backfield anything is possible in only one game. I really see the 'skins as a nightmare matchup.