PDA

View Full Version : Reggie White, Dies at 43...

JMarkJohns
12-26-2004, 12:49 PM
From a massive heart attack early this morning.

I'm saddened to have learned of this...43!!!

ByJoveByJingle
12-26-2004, 02:50 PM
Crazy stuff. I remember reading a few years back that the average age of death of former NFL players is something like 25 years younger than the general population. I imagine that advances in medicine and steroid use are canceling each other out and keeping that age about the same as it has always been.

catgrad97
12-26-2004, 03:25 PM
My future brother-in-law (an Arizona cheesehead) is going to be horribly sad. This is such depressing news, especially thinking about the "Beyond the Glory: Reggie White" special I saw on FSAZ just a couple days ago with him looking back on his life and the mistakes he had made.

43 years old...wow. Life is SO fragile. :(

JMarkJohns
12-26-2004, 03:43 PM
Yeah, with this and the earthquake/tsunami's...it's just horrible. I always thought highly of White, both for his on and off field accomplishments.

He just turned 43 last week and being the day after Christmas, it's almost overwelming.

It's a long shot, but I really now hope that either Philly (preferably without TO) or Green Bay win it for Reggie and his surviving family.

muffley
12-26-2004, 03:51 PM
Dude is younger than me, awfully sad news.

I watched a thing on NFL linemen a few years ago, and they said they know that by the time they are 40 they won't have any knees.

Banana Fish
12-29-2004, 05:24 PM
i know i shouldn't do this, but just for discussion sake, i am surprised that i have yet to hear anyone from any source even try to suggest that it was 'roid related.

Chicat
12-29-2004, 06:27 PM
It looks like he had that sleep disorder where you snore and you wake yourself up every two minutes leading to all kinds of health problems. I think it's called Sleep Apnea or something like that. That along with fatal cardiac arrhythmia probably killed him . . .