PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember Vince Ferragamo?

Schnebly
12-28-2004, 02:07 PM
Apparently he can help you find a house in So Cal these days:

http://www.touchdownrealestate.com/

Schneb

Chicat
12-28-2004, 03:12 PM
Rams season ticket holder from 1983-1988 (ok, it was my dad who bought the tickets, I was just along for the ride). I loved Ferragamo for the few years he was leading the team before he was replaced by ... Dieter Brock? (the memory is failing me)

I still have a poster with Eric Dickerson, Vince Ferragamo, Jackie Slater, Jack Youngblood, and Nolan Cromwell all wearing tuxedos with the caption "Winning in Style".

Thanks Schnebs, I could talk old LA Rams football all day long. :)

muffley
12-28-2004, 04:08 PM
Cripes, you see the home prices? $899K in Norco!

Zona Dave
12-28-2004, 06:19 PM
Rams season ticket holder from 1983-1988 (ok, it was my dad who bought the tickets, I was just along for the ride). I loved Ferragamo for the few years he was leading the team before he was replaced by ... Dieter Brock? (the memory is failing me)

I still have a poster with Eric Dickerson, Vince Ferragamo, Jackie Slater, Jack Youngblood, and Nolan Cromwell all wearing tuxedos with the caption "Winning in Style".

Let's not forget about Chris, ooops I mean Jim Everett (I know this was later). They were showing the clip of him and Jim Rome getting into it the other day.. Okay it was basically Jim Rome running for his life in the studio. Classic TV moment. http://www.gdlsfantasyfootball.com/Videos/sports_video_clips.htm

Click on "Classic Jim Rome Video" , this default one is pretty funny.

Nolan Cromwell was one of my favorite Safety's of all time.

Chicat
12-28-2004, 06:39 PM
I loved Jim Everett (until he started throwing everything while falling away and covering up like a soldier who just had a grenade thrown into his foxhole), and I loved Ferragamo, Brock, and Jeff Kemp. Heck, I even liked Tony Banks for a while. The only QB I didn't like who was on the Rams was Kurt Warner, and he's the only one who has ever led them to a Super Bowl win. Go figure!!!

barringer97
12-28-2004, 06:54 PM
Chicat, where did you live? I grew up in Irvine and Dickerson lived right down the street from me. I was his paperboy. He used to live with his 3 brothers (actual brothers), he was UNREAL!

I think Ferragamo still lives in Irvine...

Chicat
12-28-2004, 07:04 PM
I lived in Downey until I was 11. In-land from Long Beach and just north of the OC.

Our house was beautiful, but the Nightstalker came through our neighborhood and stole a car, then the Whittier Quake hit and damaged our house, and then the neighbors across the street were raided by the DEA and a half-ton of cocaine was hauled out, so my parents decided to up and move to New York. Best move they ever made. I don't think I would have wanted to live in a place that had been taken over by Cerritos and Pico Rivera (not that Downey was that great to begin with, but I once heard it described as a rose in a toilet bowl). :rolleyes:

barringer97
12-28-2004, 07:10 PM
Yeah, I remember the nighstalker, crazy sh*t...

I still love the Rams, but it doesn't feel the same now they are in St. Louis.

Zona Dave
12-28-2004, 07:18 PM
I was born in Bellflower, stayed until 4 and have been back numerous times. No wonder I like you guys..

killervibe
12-28-2004, 07:22 PM
Dave could you please warn a brother that the very first video is a grown adult picking his nose and eating it? Freakin nasty.

Jim Everett is a man after my own heart. He warned Rome not to be a punk but he kept going. My video cut out after he tossed him to the floor. Did Everett kick his arse?

Zona Dave
12-28-2004, 07:26 PM
I believe they pulled Jim Everett off him before it could go any further. Rome was scared though. What a JERK! Knowing how I am.. First thing would have been a left hook to the ear, followed by a huge right to his nose ,shattering it. I am not into the pushing thing.

Sorry about pops pickin' a winner. :)

Chicat
12-29-2004, 11:16 AM
I still love the Rams, but it doesn't feel the same now they are in St. Louis.

I feel the same way. I just don't feel the connection anymore like I used to, especially now that they changed the uniform and they play on that turf that looks like the Brady Bunch's backyard.

Give me the Rams of the good old days. Remember how the dirt infield at Anahiem Stadium would get all hard packed and dusty on those hot sunny days? Or how Jack Youngblood used to come out of the tunnel to start the game with blood on his uniform? Henry Ellard streaking down the sideline. Dickerson hitting the hole where Jackie Slater just ruined some poor schmuck and running upright as he hit the open field. That guy was a gazelle. One of my fondest memories was that Oiler game when he broke OJ's record. I was pissed the whole week before because I thought he was going to break it the next week in San Fran, but he ran for something like 215 yards that game. It was beautiful.

Now, I'm not particularly fond of the city they play in, I hate the dome, I want to see the coach fired, and I'm glad they got rid of Jesus-Boy the Quarterback. I think after Isaac Bruce retires I'll feel even less of a connection. I soon will be a man without a team (because there is no way I am going to start rooting for the Bears after what happened in '85). . . but thank goodness I don't still live in LA. I can't imagine living in the second largest TV market in America and not having a team to root for. That has to suck . . .

Banana Fish
12-29-2004, 05:21 PM

wasn't there another qb who was doing the handoff to eric dickerson before dieter brock? i want to say the name was jeff kent, but cannot be the same of the former giants and current dodgers second baseman right?

btw, did joe namath came before or after vince ferragamo?

Chicat
12-29-2004, 05:53 PM
The line of succession of Rams quarterbacks went Roman Gabriel, John Hadl, James Harris, Joe Namath, Pat Haden, Vince Ferragamo, Jeff Kemp (son of Jack Kemp), Deiter Brock, Jim Everett, Chris Miller, Chris Chandler, Mark Rypien, Tony Banks, Kurt Warner, and Marc Bulger.

Ah, the good ol' days . . .

Auercat
12-29-2004, 10:46 PM
Chi,

What about Steve Dills, Steve Bartkowski and Bert Jones!!!

Bearing Down on Being A Huge LA Rams Fan and A St Louis Rams Hater (Georgia Frontiere is a Whore and a disgrace :mad: )

Auercat

catgrad97
12-30-2004, 12:50 AM
Let's not forget those stellar QBs who took the Rams all the way to the Super Bowl victory over the Steelers in 1979. You remember, Joe Pendleton, Leo Farnsworth and Tom Jarrett?

They all looked like triplets, though, with their Hollywood movie-star looks.

:wink2:

Chicat
12-30-2004, 11:38 AM
Georgia Frontiere is a wh0re and a disgrace

Couldn't agree more Auer. What pissed me off was how she complained that she couldn't sell Rams merchandise in LA (because she couldn't claim Anaheim Stadium wasn't getting sold out), when you couldn't find Rams merchandise anywhere. She deliberately held stuff out of the stores to claim poverty and take a sweet deal in another city. She makes me sick.

catgrad97
12-30-2004, 12:02 PM
Not to mention she probably contributed to the death of one of the finest owners in the history of the NFL--Carroll Rosenbloom.

barringer97
12-30-2004, 12:36 PM
She totally killed him. She reminds me of the owner in Major League...former Vegas Show Girl, moves the team back to her home town...etc.