PDA

View Full Version : The Lakers.......

Morgan
01-05-2005, 03:45 AM
have no shot this year. They get blown away against the Spurs on a day that (fortunately) the news won't notice. They can't beat good teams on the road. They lost by 17 but it was really a 30 point game. Kobe was an AI like 5 of 16 for 17 points I believer (off the top of my head).

HiCat
01-05-2005, 10:16 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3296894

Bowen, Spurs get best of Bryant, Lakers

By comparison
Player MIN FG 3FG FT REB A ST BS TO PTS
Bryant 35 5-19 0-5 7-8 5 2 2 0 3 17
Bowen 35 9-19 5-11 1-2 4 2 0 0 0 24

Bowen's fast hands are also critical components of his superlative defense. He's quick enough to wait until the ball is released from a shooter's hands before leaping to try to block the shot. And whenever Kobe exposed the ball as he lifted it to initiate his shot, Bowen lightning jabs were profoundly discomforting. Twice Bowen flicked the ball as Kobe prepared to shoot.

Kobe was "schooled" last night by Bowen..

Morgan
01-05-2005, 11:25 AM
without Tim Duncan patrolling the middle I think Kobe would kill Bruce Bowen. The reality is that Kobe hasn't learned how to use his teammates to get open looks for himself.

Chicat
01-05-2005, 11:29 AM
The reality is that Kobe hasn't learned how to use his teammates to get open looks for himself.

With only 2 assists in 35 minutes on a team without another respected scoring threat for the defense to key on? Damn right Kobe hasn't learned how to use his teammates. As we've talked about on this board before, Kobe thinks that he has to score every point himself and take every shot in order for this team to win (or in order for him to be regarded in the same breath as Jordan). As soon as he learns that this is a 5 on 5 game, and that he has other people around him wearing the same jersey, he will be a much better and more respected player.

HiCat
01-06-2005, 10:16 AM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers6jan06,1,1639538.story?coll=la-headlines-sports
Lakers loose to Dallas 118-104...

"Is this who we are?" Tomjanovich asked. "I don't believe it. I think we can compete better than this."

"But the Lakers couldn't stifle Maverick point guard Jason Terry, who had 28 points, 19 in the first half after making all four of his three-point attempts.

"We didn't expect Jason Terry to do that," Tomjanovich said."

Coach Rudy is frustrated.. welcome to Laker basketball Coach. You knew it wouldn't be easy. Ha...