PDA

View Full Version : AFC Championship Game

Class of 1990
01-16-2005, 08:42 PM
I think all sports polls should be public picking.

Picks and predictions are welcomed here.

New England
Pittsburgh

No line yet.

JMarkJohns
01-16-2005, 09:24 PM
Pittsburgh...but I have no idea. I'm pulling for the Steelers as my fathers family hails from Bethlahem, Penn...that and I really don't care for the Patriots.

However, by my NFC logic, New England. Pittsburgh didn't show me near as much as New England did and New England had the much tougher matchup.

Bison79
01-16-2005, 09:42 PM
Pittsburgh's Defense and it's Rushing game has carried them for 15 straight games (not that damn rookie, he's only as good as the steelers are), why not two more games?

On a side note, I have nothing against Big Boy Ben, but I do have something against people thinking he's a saviour to this team. He's a good QB, no doubt, but he is NOT the reason they are 16-1.

Look at last night, he basically BEGGED the jets to beat him, and when the jets had the steelers by the nuts in the last 2:30 of the game, it was big time D that made stops.

Kind of like this:

Ben: "Jets, here you go, I don't want the game."

Jets kicker: "That's cool bro, I don't want it either."

Steelers Defense: "Fine, we'll take this one."

JMarkJohns
01-16-2005, 09:46 PM
I think Pittsburgh is good enough. But New England is the Champ and have an added weapon (Dillon) the Steelers didn't get a look at in their first meeting.

I'm pulling for the Steelers, but am picking the Patriots, despite what the vote tally is up top. AFC = Patriots...

If not, than I'm happy in being wrong.

Bison79
01-16-2005, 09:50 PM
Whether they have Dillon or not, Pittsburgh has a super duo in Staley and Bettis.

I think the announcer summed it up late in the OT period last night, "What a bad break for the steelers, staley goes out and now they have to bring bettis in..." or something like that...

And he said that dripping of sarcasm. I've been pleasantly surprised by Bettis, I really thought he was out of his prime, but he's really stepped up his game this year.

I think Ben who's disappeared in the last weeks, and had to depend on his defense and running game will step up big against the patriots. I honestly, just can't see the patriots pulling it off, no disrespect to the champs, they were good, and ARE good, but the steelers, I just can't see them losing, they're just playing as a team, too well.

JMarkJohns
01-16-2005, 09:54 PM
In a defensive matchup I'll take the more experienced team.

I'm pulling for Pittsburgh, but believe New England will win.

The Patriots are almost unflappable at ever important position. There's no prive to put on this luxery. Pittsburgh is older or untested at many of the same positions...

Bison79
01-16-2005, 09:56 PM
I love the steelers, always have, always will. I hope they win, but there's no team I'd rather lose to than the patriots. But then again, I hate to lose :roll:

Class of 1990
01-16-2005, 10:34 PM
First early line is New England -3.0. From: Stardust Caesars-Hilton Stations MGM-Mirage.

Wow a road favorite. The betting on this game is going to be hot.

BibbysTowelDude
01-17-2005, 05:39 AM
I really dont see the Pittsburgh run game winning this game, New England's defense is on a roll.

Tedy Bruschi will have 12+ tackles in this one..

PointGuardU03
01-17-2005, 08:46 AM
New England will take this one, unless the Big Ben of weeks 4 - 8 returns. The only way they can win is to slow down the Pats offense, control the clock with the run game, and hope Ben can make one or two big plays. I don't see it happening, but I'll be rooting for Pittsburg.

Class of 1990
01-21-2005, 03:31 AM
This game has a great feel to it. Two franchises with the old champs (pitt) and the new champs (NE) meeting to go to the SuperBowl.

Dillion has got to get over 100 yards. We all know he wasn't there the earlier meeting this season.

Bad weather expected in PA on sunday. So running for the Pats and Steelers is going to be critical. Whoever shortens the game barring crazy special teams touchdowns will win.

I pick Pitt. Big Ben rebounds to make a few plays to Ward and Randle that go deep for scores. Pitts won't give up running the ball as I thought Indy did.

I hope this game lives to hype I'm giving it. LOL

Jason Scheer
01-21-2005, 03:51 AM
I think Roth is looking awful this game. I think they pressure him with unique blitzes and force him to make mistakes. I feel he is a good quarterback but the Patriots come to play in the playoffs and while the Steelers are a good team they are not at the Patriots level. The game will be the type of game that is won on a mistake or a big play and I think Pitt is the one that lets it up.

Class of 1990
01-22-2005, 02:54 AM
Very Cheap Bump.

Actually the weather may not be so bad.

Sunday weather (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=531&ncid=531&e=3&u=/ap/20050121/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_conference_championships_weather)

Class of 1990
01-23-2005, 04:49 AM
Super Cheap bump but the last one.

Poll is locked but I still enjoy reading what people think of the game.

How about a cheerleader picture to get ya in the mood.

Bring it on.

http://www.celebrity-cheerleaders.com/pictures/kirsten_dunst_01.jpg

ZONACAT
01-23-2005, 03:58 PM
Patriots 33
Steelers 21.

I think that Pats experience takes this one, Big Ben will be rattled.

TopCat
01-23-2005, 07:09 PM
I'm tired of the Patriots.

Pittsburgh 24
New England 17

Bison79
01-23-2005, 07:41 PM
Doesn't that make Benji's last three passes all interceptions?

Class of 1990
01-23-2005, 10:46 PM
We all watched it so no need to do a complete breakdown.

24 points off of turnovers for NE.
Brady making passes when needed.

Should be a great SuperBowl.

Morgan
01-23-2005, 10:50 PM
I didn't watch after the Harrison TD, went and played B-Ball. I knew it was over at that point....14 point turnaround.

Bison79
01-23-2005, 11:11 PM
I pretty much gave up after Benji's first throw, if Benji had his way the steelers wouldn't have beaten the jets...

How many interceptions did he throw? Did they bring in Tommy?

I said it before and I"ll say it again, at least it was to the patriots, not the Eagles...gawd, they can kiss my ass, until they go 80+ years without a championship they are in NO position to cry about some bull**** curse.

A poster said it earlier, I hope they get T.O. back and he screws them royally in the SB....go Patriots!