PDA

View Full Version : Offical Super Bowl Pick Thread

Class of 1990
01-23-2005, 10:50 PM
All right we got almost 2 weeks to break it down.

Very early line NE -7.

New England - road team
Philadelphia - home team

IggyZona24
01-23-2005, 11:04 PM
As a Pats fan from MA, I guarantee New England wins the SB.

Final score: NE 27
PHILLY 20

Bison79
01-23-2005, 11:17 PM
I don't think there's much question here who's going to win this. Pittsburgh defense is better than Philadelphia defense (IMHO), and the patriots b!tch-slapped them (41-27 final score is misleading...)

The superbowl was played out tonight from 6p-9p. Philadelphia can wait another year, what's the rush?

It might be close, but it's pretty obvious who's got this one.

JMarkJohns
01-23-2005, 11:43 PM
If Owens plays and the Eagles have more fans, then the Eagles.
If Owens plays and the Patriots have more fans, then the Patriots.
If Owens doesn't play and the Eagles have more fans, then the Patriots.
If Owens doesn't play and the Patriots have more fans, then the Patriots.
If Owens does play, but it seems like he doesn't, then the Patriots.
If Owens does play and he dominates the game, then the Eagles.
If the Patriots defense plays like today, then the Patriots.
If the Eagles defense plays like today, then the Eagles.
If both teams' defenses play like today, then the Patriots.
If the Eagles offense plays like today, then the Eagles.
If the Patriots offense plays like today, then the Patriots.
If both teams' offenses play like today, then the Eagles.
If the referees favor the Eagles, then the Eagles.
If the referees favor the Patriots, then the Patriots.
If the referees favor neither team, then the Patriots.
If the commercials suck, then the Patriots.
If the commercials rock, then the Patriots.
If the Half-time show has another malfunction, then the Eagles.

There, now that I have all the bases covered, I can enjoy the game knowing I'm right, one way or the other... :wink2:

Class of 1990
01-23-2005, 11:50 PM
You forgot.

If McNabbs mom forgets the Campbell Soup, then the Patriots.

ZONACAT
01-23-2005, 11:50 PM
New England 27
Eagles 10

JMarkJohns
01-23-2005, 11:57 PM
You forgot.

If McNabbs mom forgets the Campbell Soup, then the Patriots.

And if McNabb's mom brings the Chunky Soup, then the Patriots.

Have you eatin Chunky soup then played football? Damn hard... :roll:

Staf4Wooden
01-24-2005, 12:00 AM
Have you eatin Chunky soup then played football? Damn hard... :roll:
It's a lot more fun after having a bowl of the lighter soup. :smokin:

PointGuardU03
01-24-2005, 12:11 AM
Ok who voted for the Eagles? New England wins this won, won't be a blow out, b/c it seems like the Patriots are incapable of blowing anyone out. I personally am pisses that Big Ben craped the bed, now I hate both teams in the super bowl. Is there a chance that niether team wins, can this happen.

Class of 1990
01-24-2005, 12:33 AM
Ok who voted for the Eagles?

Just click on the vote number and it will open the public voting for you to see.

catgrad97
01-24-2005, 01:07 AM
I'll pick the Eagles in an upset. McNabb has a career day, and Jeremiah Trotter owns the line.

Just to be different, you understand. :)

Auercat
01-24-2005, 01:22 AM
New England 28
Philadelphia 17

Bearing Down on The Modern Joe Montana- Tom Brady

Auercat

Staf4Wooden
01-24-2005, 01:29 AM
Bearing Down on The Modern Joe Montana- Tom Brady
I thought that the modern Joe was Matty L.? :confused:

Auercat
01-24-2005, 02:28 AM
I thought that the modern Joe was Matty L.? :confused:

Matt L hasn't won a Superbowl.

Yet :wink2:

Bearing Down on Matt L Having Had A Much Better College Career Than Either Montana or Brady, But Probably Never Duplicating Their NFL Successes

Auercat

TopCat
01-24-2005, 03:00 AM
Smart money's on NE.

**** it, I'm going Philly. The first time the Pats won a Super Bowl they were viewed as an impossible underdog. I like Philly to return the favor.

McNabb's hard to scheme against. He spreads the ball around too much. NE exists on the ability to eliminate primary offensive options. McNabb is the toughest QB in the league to scheme against.

And I think the Philly defense is up to the task against the NE offense.

Class of 1990
01-30-2005, 04:18 AM
Boy I am so sick of hearing about TO. "Will he play or not." Insert yawn.

I am begining to wish there was no bye week.

JMarkJohns
01-30-2005, 01:48 PM
Whenever there is a bye week I wish there wasn't.

It just makes no sense to have it.

Bison79
01-30-2005, 01:53 PM
The only purpose of a bye week, is for the media to pimp the superbowl, and sell it out as the biggest thing since Jesus. Which it isn't, and then when the big game comes it's nothing but a HUGE letdown.

If Timeout I mean Terrell Owens plays, I expect a huge letdown from him, maybe 1 catch, for 2 yards...

Bye week during the regular season is fine as long as there's other games on, allows teams time to rest their ******* who sit on the sideline crying about a booboo that they would have fought through in HS....of course, there are some legit injuries out there....

muffley
01-30-2005, 02:02 PM
Where is the "who cares" selection?

Bearing down on football season ended when USC crushed OU.

JMarkJohns
01-30-2005, 03:17 PM
I don't think the bye week helps seel the Bowl at all. In fact, I think it hinders it.

Football was meant to be played every week. Teams are used to planning for a gamw every week. So why the change? It's just stupid and anti-climactic.

Bison79
01-30-2005, 04:58 PM
I don't think the bye week helps seel the Bowl at all. In fact, I think it hinders it.

Football was meant to be played every week. Teams are used to planning for a gamw every week. So why the change? It's just stupid and anti-climactic.

JMark,

This year definetly. TO has become the poster boy for the superbowl. Completely turned me off to the bowl. But think about it, for the last two weeks, on t.v. at least at my end when I watch it...it's been nothing but pimping the superbowl out...It may very well hinder it, but I do think that's all it is for the the media to pimp it out...

I think the bowl game schedule is the same way. What team needs four weeks to prepare for a championship game? Both teams went all the way undefeated with no more than a week off, why do they need four weeks to prepare for a showdown for the championship?

WallyNoche
01-31-2005, 11:22 AM
I'm taking NE even if the line goes to -10...NE is going to win with TO playing or not...IMO

USAcat
02-01-2005, 02:18 AM
Yea a football thread.

Well I'm rooting for the underdog as I always do when my team is not playing.

Plus my Avatar has an Eagle in it.

Boy do those explainations for picking the Eagles make me sound weak ?

WallyNoche
02-01-2005, 02:24 AM
USA who is your team?

losgatosaz05
02-01-2005, 11:16 PM
PATS and BRUSCHI 31
Eagles 18

Class of 1990
02-01-2005, 11:47 PM
All right here I go.

TO I assume is going to play but probably not as much as the Eagles will need him. The Eagles offensively will have to make big plays (over 20 yards) to make this a good game. Westbrook will run and catch but I don't think it will be enough. McNabb is going to have to move out of the pocket and even run for first downs.

Stopping Dillon as Pitts did is not as important as getting pressure to Brady. The Eagles will blitz and gamble to disrupt Brady. Tackling after catch will also be important as the Pats receivers will run short to medium routes that can turn into big plays.

The Pats will do what they seem to do well. That is attack the defense. They will pass early and test the blitz with deep passes. Later bang Dillon and Faulk to control clock. Brady has no or very little playoff turnovers so he must stay careful. His defense can score.

The Pats defense will continue to tackle well and attempt to manhandle the Eagle receivers. Even with TO in there. They are very opportunistic so Eagles better not turn the ball over much or it will be over quick.

The kickers for both team are very good. Obviously Veriteri(SP) is the best pressure kicker right now.

Brady is too good. The pressure is on the Pats though. The Eagles better be loose and if they are it could be a great game.

Pats 28
Eagles 20

USAcat
02-02-2005, 07:36 PM
"USA who is your team?" from Wally Noche.

Raidernation.

Class of 1990
02-03-2005, 01:18 AM
"USA who is your team?" from Wally Noche.

Raidernation.

Cheap mid week bump.

The over and under is 47.5 to 48. I like the over barely.

For for USAcat.

http://www.chargertom.com/raidersidio3.jpg

I think he is pointing at Norv Turner.

USAcat
02-05-2005, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the picture.
Probably a professor at Stanford during the day.

SCCat
02-06-2005, 07:37 PM
Pats win, Eagles cover