PDA

View Full Version : Reports: Cowboys to sign Bledsoe

Class of 1990
02-23-2005, 01:21 AM
Reports: Cowboys to sign Bledsoe (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpcTFhbmEwBF9TAzk1ODYxMDU5BHNlYwN0 bQ--?slug=ap-cowboys-bledsoe&prov=ap&type=lgns)

I don't think this is a great move. Another fill in until Dallas can find a QB for the future. Bledsoe's last game for Buffalo against the Pittsburgh scubs showed that he will not get it done. He is a slow footed vet or a younger version of Testaverde.

Someone else out there (Brees for example) > Bledsoe > Testaverde

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/fantasy/football/news/2002/10/04/back_page/t1_bledsoe_ap-01.jpg

ZONACAT
02-23-2005, 02:16 AM
*shoots self in head*

This will be Parcells last year for sure. Jones gave in to Bill's demand so that he wouldnt quit now. I can't believe that they arent giving Drew Henson a shot (Well Jones wants to, but Bill apparently hates QB's under 30). This is such a stupid move....our offensive line is not that great and Bledsoe is like a statue back there.

Another 6-10 season in Dallas, f'n terrific. :angry:

It's official....Bill Parcells....not that great.

2002Alum
02-23-2005, 08:46 AM
I've been a Cowboy fan all my life, but wish they hadn't made this move, and it has nothing to do with the team. I played baseball my freshman year of high school with Drew Henson and got to know him pretty good in the 9 months he was in AZ (his dad was the qb coach at ASU for one season). Anyways, I've seen the arm on this kid and know that he would be successful if given the chance. Parcells neeeds to stop bringing in old timers to play qb and give a young guy a chance.

tstein7240
02-23-2005, 03:25 PM
Before I call this move stupid (it is on the tip of my tongue)... I want to see his contract.

Is it a big dollar contract that means Bledsoe is the starter for years to come?

Is it a 2 year deal that is at a low cost so Bledsoe can be the backup (regardless of what the media saying he will only start)?

From what I know about Henson, I like his potential... but, he is so ripe that I am not sure if he is a starter right now. I know that I don't want to risk the season on a guy who hasn't played for years. I just hope that Bill allows him to step on the field, even in mop-up duty.

Good news... NO MORE VINNY.... NO MORE WILEY