PDA

View Full Version : What happened in today's game against UT?

RRCat
03-06-2005, 07:48 PM
I can't find a score. Anyone know what happened?

KingOfCats
03-06-2005, 07:53 PM
Texas won 5-4. We were down 5-3 heading into the bottom of the ninth and had a number of chances to tie or win the game but couldn't pull it out.

KingOfCats
03-06-2005, 07:55 PM
By the way I thought the Texas fans were pretty classless once again. After the final out instead of cheering for their team they turned to the UofA fans and yelled towards us and waved their little longhorn signs. I was not impressed.

RRCat
03-06-2005, 07:59 PM
Oh well. Taking 2 of 3 from Texas would have completed a very nice weekend for the Cats. Thanks for the score.

bigj
03-07-2005, 04:08 AM
Oh well. Taking 2 of 3 from Texas would have completed a very nice weekend for the Cats. Thanks for the score.

The thing that sucks is that UA had several chances to win those two games. A few breaks the other way and the Cats could have had a sweep on the #1 team in the country.

I agree about the texas fans being completely classless. They make ASU fans seem civil. Someone must have anticipated this though, as there was more security/police there than at any series I've been to.

Class of 1990
03-07-2005, 11:10 PM
Cats take good with bad in loss to Texas (http://www.dailystar.com/dailystar/sports/64374.php)

Recap from the Arizona daily Star.

Well we lost 2 of 3. Both games by 1 run. I think it shows at this point the BatCats are really turning the program around back to where it was.

""UT coach Augie Garrido agreed, telling the Wildcats in the post-game handshake, "Hope to see you in Omaha.""

the real dill
03-08-2005, 01:53 PM
Augie gave the Cats a lot of praise today on Austin radio. Said they are right there with Stanford and said it should be a great battle to see who ends up on top of the PAC-10 this year.

cowtown_horn
03-20-2005, 06:22 AM
I'm sure the Texas fans weren't antagonized at all, not even by one single UofA fan in the stadium.
Especially after the NIT chant on Friday night. "COMPLETELY classless"? On who?
Have some class and stay above it---whether you're a Wildcat or a Longhorn. Demonstrate some class so we don't teach this antagonistic BS to our kids...because, frankly, I'm sick of it.
Good Luck, BatCats (although we're not doing you any honor by losing the first two to Baylor)...