PDA

View Full Version : According to ESPN...

JMarkJohns
03-28-2005, 08:17 PM
and their draft scouts/experts, there is a serious draft-day trade being tossed around.

San Francisco trades #1 to San Diego for Philip Rivers.

San Francisco gets a better QB prospect than this year offers, San Diego has the #1, #12, #27 picks to load up on defense and add another receiver.

Interesting trade for both.

If I'm San Diego, I do it in a second.

Ziggiles
03-29-2005, 12:24 AM
boooo!

As a die hard 49ers fan i would never do it. Rogers throws the nicest pass i have seen (better then Leinhart) they should take the kid who played right across the water and build around him, not a side-arm throwing kid from NC state.

CG Cat
03-29-2005, 02:28 AM
As I San Diego fan I'd do that in a second. Except for San Diego taking a major cap hit by making the trade.

Morgan
03-29-2005, 01:29 PM
Rivers is better then the 2 QB's this year so that would be a GREAT trade for the 49ers but I wouldn't do it if I was SD. In fact, I'd trade Drew Brees who didn't have a great finish to his season (I think it was his last four games). The cap hit plus the potential of Rivers means Brees should be the one to go.

Footballjunkie
03-29-2005, 03:39 PM
There will be some kind of trade on draft day by the 49ers.

They realize that this draft is loaded with players with lots of potential but it seems that no one player sticks out as a sure fire franchise player. Its best to trade down and take a chance on two or three players in the first round who may not stick out right now but will in the future. The 49ers have many needs.

JMarkJohns
03-29-2005, 10:51 PM
Mortenson claims there is no truth to the rumors and cites both team's GM as calling the rumor false with each claiming to love their position.

Whatever...ESPN at it again, creating news to report it, I guess...