PDA

View Full Version : Winslow Jr. in motorcycle accident...

JMarkJohns
05-02-2005, 05:55 PM
...and it's this poster's opinion that it couldn't have happened to a more deserving player. Boo-freakin-hoo :roll:

WESTLAKE, Ohio - Browns tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. was injured in a motorcycle accident, but the team said his injuries aren't life-threatening.

Winslow was riding in a community college parking lot Sunday when he hit a curb at about 35 mph and was thrown from the motorcycle, police Lt. Ray Arcuri said.

He was taken by ambulance to Fairview Hospital and was scheduled to be transferred to the Cleveland Clinic on Monday where the team's medical staff would treat him, Browns spokesman Bill Bonsiewicz said.
advertisement

"He went over the handlebars and was real evasive about what the injuries were," Arcuri said.

Winslow was wearing a helmet, but it wasn't strapped on and flew off his head, Arcuri said. He and four other men were riding motorcycles in the parking lot, not far from Winslow's home.

The first-round draft pick missed nearly all of his rookie year after breaking his leg in the second game of the season. He has had two operations on the leg.

------------------------------------

"I'm a F-ckin solider!"
- Kellan, Miami *****

Just as I said when he went down in the 2nd week of the season, which happened to be Pat Tillman Sunday (coincidense?)...

"You call down the thunder, well now you got it"

How about earning something for once in your life.

Merkin
05-02-2005, 05:58 PM
For some macabre reason this strikes me as funny:

Winslow was wearing a helmet, but it wasn't strapped on and flew off his head,

JMarkJohns
05-02-2005, 06:01 PM
For some macabre reason this strikes me as funny:

Winslow was wearing a helmet, but it wasn't strapped on and flew off his head,

It's too uncool to buckle up, right...

I'm glad the injuries aren't serious, but so long as this prick is still a prick, I'll never celebrate anything of him but his failures.

Schnebly
05-02-2005, 06:03 PM
He's quite the wanker, but hope he's ok.

Schneb

Ziggiles
05-02-2005, 08:12 PM
JMJ, you can't be rooting for anyone to get hurt, thats just silly. No one deserves to be hurt for making a immature comment, especially when its made when you are still a kid and it occurs after an emotional loss.

JMarkJohns
05-02-2005, 11:11 PM
JMJ, you can't be rooting for anyone to get hurt, thats just silly. No one deserves to be hurt for making a immature comment, especially when its made when you are still a kid and it occurs after an emotional loss.

No, I don't root for a player to be injured. But if they are idiots and that idiocy leads to an injury, I'll laugh.

It's not just the comment. It's everything about the punk. He's a loser and to make matters worse, a sore one at that. He doesn't care about anything but himself, yet doesn't even care enough about that to buckle up a helmet when ridin' his motorcycle (likely against his contract) in excess of 35mph in a reduced-speed zone (if there's speed bumbs and it's at a college, the max is prolly 15mph)...

My first post was a little cruel, but since the injuries aren't serious, I find them laughable, especially considering the source.

Morgan
05-02-2005, 11:13 PM
He is a warrior, a soldier. He went to the U! They will ralley together! (Don't remember the exact words he used after that loss at Miami.

It is sad whenever someone gets in an accident like this. Hope it isn't a "J-Won't" like accident.

walk-on-wildcat
05-03-2005, 12:08 AM
I'm a Browns fan.:( I pretty much lost interest after the 1995 season. It's been a big disappointment ever since they came back to Cleveland. My second favorite team is the team that plays Pittsburg. Art Modell and Bill Belichick both leave Cleveland and both win Super Bowls. Not to mention The Drive and The Fumble. :mad:

JMarkJohns
05-03-2005, 12:16 AM
walk-on-wildcat
---------------

The one person I'd feel bad for in this...Hey, I'm a Cardinals fan :roll:

azdoubledown
05-03-2005, 02:37 AM
...Winslow was wearing a helmet, but it wasn't strapped on and flew off his head, Arcuri said. He and four other men were riding motorcycles in the parking lot, not far from Winslow's home..

It sounds like he was probably practicing stunts.

Here's a Superman Stoppie!! I wonder if Kellen was doing somthin like this when he crashed?
http://www.zx-12r.org/Motorcycle_info/Motorcycle%20pictures/The_real_superman_stoppie.jpg

Or maybe he was trying to imitate Mosh Girl's stand up wheelie?
http://www.pigdogrecords.com/crap/moshstunt.jpg

WildcatPaulG
05-13-2005, 03:49 PM
Damn it... I wanted to be the first one to use the "F*cking Soldia!" line...

Oh, well... I don't wish bad stuff on anyone... never mind... the j-hole needs to learn principles of karma.

Schnebly
05-13-2005, 03:52 PM
Or maybe he was trying to imitate Mosh Girl's stand up wheelie?

JMark is gonna open a can on you for dissin' his old lady.

Schneb

JMarkJohns
05-13-2005, 06:10 PM
She ain't mine, baby...

Like I've said 100 times before, She's Merkin's find...

bhanson
05-13-2005, 06:42 PM
She ain't mine, baby...

Like I've said 100 times before, She's Merkin's find...

Didn't I see the initials JmJ tattooed on her arm? :confused:

JMarkJohns
05-13-2005, 07:30 PM
Didn't I see the initials JmJ tattooed on her arm? :confused:

Not on the original, only on the doctored up photo by Merkin...

WildcatPaulG
05-13-2005, 07:39 PM
Merkin should have a rank, like I do, that says "Photoshop Guru"...

JMarkJohns
05-13-2005, 07:40 PM
I should have the rank that Merkin game me, "GOAZCATS.com NBA Yoda"

I liked that one...

WildcatPaulG
05-13-2005, 07:42 PM
Talk to Josh... I think he can do it...

catgrad97
05-13-2005, 07:44 PM
I agree. Mods, do you read this forum? Rank JMarkJohns "GOAZCATS.com NBA Yoda"...and rank me "The Peacemaker." :D

JMarkJohns
05-13-2005, 07:56 PM
I'm just joking...I'm anxiously awaiting my "legand" status...

Maybe after my one-year anniversary, but I really don't care that much.

I still remember the most I made where my rank went from "redshirt" to "Freshman of the Year" and I thought it was an honor...

I even thanked the PRB board since it was there that I really posted a lot after first joining and when my rank went from "Freshman of the Year" to "Sophomore" I even PM'ed Ben and asked if I could get the rank changed back...

Why? Because Freshman of the year made me feel better about the large amounts of time I spent here than sophomore :roll:

"Oh, what an ass am I"
- Hamlet...

JMarkJohns
05-19-2005, 11:50 AM
Back to the original topic...

Winslow to miss entire 2005 season

Browns tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. needs reconstructive surgery to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee and will likely sit out all of the 2005 season, according to a report in Cleveland's The Plain Dealer on Thursday.

Quoting an anonymous source close to the situation, Winslow's MRI on Tuesday revealed "what everyone feared."

Winslow is expected to seek a second opinion, but may still have surgery within a month. A major ACL operation generally requires 10-12 months of rehabilitation. Browns safety Sean Jones, for example, suffered a similar injury in June 2004 and never saw action last season.

Kellen Winslow Jr. injured his knee in a motorcycle accident on May 1. (David Maxwell / Getty Images)

The injury occurred in a motorcycle accident on May 1. Winslow was riding his newly-purchased 2005 Suzuki GSX-R750 in a community college parking lot when he hit a curb at about 35 mph and was thrown from the motorcycle.

The 21-year-old was wearing a helmet, but it wasn't strapped on and flew off his head. He landed in a landscaped area at the edge of the parking lot, falling hard enough to tear out a small tree and cause internal injuries as well.

Winslow's incentive-laden, six-year, $40 million contract is littered with language that forbids "hazardous activities" such as "motorcycling." The Browns could decide to recoup from $5.7 million to $10.7 million from Winslow for breach of contract.

The Browns gave up their second-round draft pick in a trade with Detroit to select Winslow with the sixth overall pick of the 2004 draft. He agreed to a six-year contract for a maximum of $40 million after missing 12 days of training camp.

The first-round draft pick broke his right leg against Dallas in Week 2 while attempting to recover an onside kick in the final seconds. He missed the rest of his rookie season.

Winslow had five receptions for 50 yards in his first two pro games.

He has had two operations on the leg and said in March that he expected it to be fully healed for this season. Winslow signed a six-year, $40 million contract with the Browns, but lost a $5.3 million bonus because of the leg injury.

Taylor
05-19-2005, 01:03 PM
He was in a parking lot because he was trying to learn how to ride. He crashed because he was trying to learn how to pull wheelies. ****ing idiot. :roll:

Speaking of the other idiot, J-Will ran his ass into a pole because he thought his bike was in neutral, and he was trying to rev it up. In other words, he twisted the **** out of the throttle so his bike would make alot of noise and everybody would look at him. :roll:

walk-on-wildcat
05-20-2005, 01:56 AM
Somebody please post the pics of the thumbs up after leaving the hospital. What a retard.

WildcatPaulG
05-20-2005, 11:21 AM
We're not allowed to post pictures of "soldiers" leaving hospitals. Bush said so...

bhanson
05-20-2005, 11:40 AM
Different sport, but Jay Williams only received a $3M buyout on his contract after his motorcycle accident. Not that $3M is chump change.

budd1e_lee
05-20-2005, 03:52 PM
Different sport, but Jay Williams only received a $3M buyout on his contract after his motorcycle accident. Not that $3M is chump change.
Football contracts are not guaranteed, NBA is. There will be no buyout. There didnt have to be a buyout on J Wonts either, he had a clause that could have allowed the team to void the contract for being stupid. I believe that Winslow might have one as well, which would mean he doesnt get the guaranteed money(signing bonus) that he would if they just cut him.

WildcatPaulG
05-20-2005, 04:12 PM
There was a specific clause in The Body Surfer's contract regarding motorcycle use. The Bulls went above and beyond what they could have done and should be commended for that.

walk-on-wildcat
05-21-2005, 12:11 AM
http://img.i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/azcat97/_kellen_wheelie.jpg
http://img.i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/azcat97/_winslow.jpg

I couldn't find the thumbs up.

WildcatPaulG
05-21-2005, 03:41 AM
Don't worry. I'm sure it's somewhere, cause he's a "f*ckin' soldia!"

SnowCat
05-21-2005, 04:02 AM
I really hate to be the one who brings this thread back to topic, but accidents are 'accidents'. They are unforseeable.

Myself, I was once severely maimed in a serious and traumatic high-speed row-boating accident where I collided with another high speed row-boater. Neither one of us were wearing a rowboat helmet at the time. We got to know each other very well over the next year and a half of rehab, remain fast friends to date, and we both now wear rowboat helmets whenever we go out rowing.

WildcatPaulG
05-21-2005, 04:03 AM
I guess the Abu Ghraib case isn't going to be the only charges that face soldiers this year:

CLEVELAND -- Cleveland Browns tight end Kellen Winslow II was charged Friday with disregarding safety in the motorcycle crash that put his 2005 season in jeopardy.

The misdemeanor, filed by the prosecutor in suburban Westlake, carries a maximum fine of $150 with no jail time. Winslow will be sent a summons to appear in Rocky River Municipal Court, police said..

Winslow tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee when he crashed, two sources within the league told The Associated Press. An injury such as Winslow's typically requires 10 to 12 months of rehabilitation.

Winslow also sustained unspecified internal injuries when his motorcycle hit a curb at 35 mph and he flipped over the handlebars while practicing in a parking lot near his home May 1.

The Browns have Winslow's medical test results but the club cannot disclose the nature of his injuries because they have not received permission from Winslow or his family.

He spent nine days in the Cleveland Clinic before being released last week. Winslow, who has been resting at home, has not commented on his accident or his injuries.

Winslow, who missed 14 games as a rookie with a broken leg, breached a hazardous activities clause in his contract by riding the motorcycle. The Browns could ask him to return part of the money he already has been paid as part of his six-year, $40 million contract.

Granted, the penalty is weak, but it's still funny that not only could he be released from his contract for what he did, he'd have to pay a measley $150 fine for it. How you gonna pay for it if you ain't got a job, you f*ckin' soldia?? LOL... and to think Daddy said you'd be better than he was. Kellen Version 2.0 is the biggest joke in the NFL.

JMarkJohns
05-21-2005, 05:01 AM
Honestly, I hate Woody Paige, but he called out Kellan Winslow the other day to the extent I dropped my jaw...he called out SENIOR!

He asked where pops was when his son was being an idiot and an ass. He asked where pops was when his son was pickin' fights and insulting heroes. He asked where pops was when his son heldout for "Tony Gonzalez" money as a rookie. He asked where pops was when he bought the motorcycle. He asked where pops was when his son decided to become a stunt biker.

So many question, but still, WHERE THE HELL IS SENIOR?!

Junior sure as hell isn't level-headed enough to live without him.

walk-on-wildcat
05-22-2005, 01:06 AM
I hope Taylor gets to see this. What a dumbass.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/

WildcatPaulG
05-26-2005, 07:39 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=531&e=1&u=/ap/20050526/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_browns_winslow

:roll:

CLEVELAND - Browns tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. apologized to fans Thursday for his reckless use of a motorcycle and said he will miss the upcoming season because of injuries sustained in the crash.

ADVERTISEMENT

Winslow tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee and sustained unspecified internal injuries May 1, when he wrecked his high-powered motorcycle while attempting tricks in a secluded parking lot near his home.

For the first time since the crash, Winslow confirmed that he will miss his second season as a pro and acknowledged that it was a mistake to take up motorcycle riding.

"To those members of the Cleveland Browns family who I have disappointed by my decision to ride a motorcycle, I humbly apologize," Winslow said in the statement. "In hindsight it was unwise to attempt to learn to ride a motorcycle without a professional instructor in a controlled environment.

"While many of you are disappointed that I will not be on the field with my teammates for this upcoming season, no one is more disappointed in this fact than me."

Winslow did not indicate if he will seek a second medical opinion on his knee. Last week, two sources within the league told The Associated Press that Winslow tore his ACL in the accident.

Winslow, who spent nine days at the Cleveland Clinic recovering from injuries in the crash, has been working out at the Browns' training facility in Berea. He has taken part in the team's 11-day passing camp, learning the new playbook and system being installed by first-year coach Romeo Crennel.

Because he broke a dangerous activities clause in his contract, the Browns may try to recoup a portion of the $5.05 million in bonuses he has received since signing a six-year, $40 million contract last season.

You humbly apologize? What a f*cking dip****. I bet Pops is proud of how much of a "soldier" his son is...

azdoubledown
05-26-2005, 08:36 PM
[url]To those members of the Cleveland Browns family who I have disappointed by my decision to ride a motorcycle, I humbly apologize

I ride a motorcycle too - actually I just got my license a week ago and a bike on Monday (YZF600R). Riding a motorcycle is dangerous. Riding a motorcyle like Kellen W (see below) = death wish (even in an empty parking lot :roll: )

http://www.zx-12r.org/Motorcycle_info/Motorcycle%20pictures/The_real_superman_stoppie.jpg
http://www.aboutstreetbikes.com/upload1/Motorcycle%20Stunts%20-%20Suzuki%20GSXR%201000%20-%20Feet%20over%20the%20front%20wheelie.jpg

I wish the dude would come clean and admit that he just wanted to be like DMX and the Ruff Ryders.

HiCat
06-04-2005, 10:51 AM
http://www.ultimatecapper.com/kellen-winslow-torn-acl.htm

This kid is a slow learner, and his father's not far behind. Dumb and dumber. Senior Winslow on espn today sparring with the reporters over his sons predicament. Dad came off looking like a jerk, and very defensive. You think he's embarassed about his son's behavior as a reflection on how he was raised? Like father like son... schmucks..

The team should get back some money.

"The team could recover $5 million of his initial $6 million signing bonus and the entire $4.4125 million option bonus that was triggered in early March. Winslow received $2 million of that bonus in March, but the remaining $2.4125 isn't payable until July 15.

Agents Kevin and Carl Poston negotiated a six-year, $40 million contract for Winslow last year, which is the most lucrative ever for a NFL tight end. The total value was reduced to $29.4175 million when Winslow failed to meet an incentive for playing time because of a season-ending ankle injury suffered in a week two game against the Dallas Cowboys. The one-time incentive would have activated $5.367 million in future bonuses and $5.215 million in future base salaries."

http://tailgate.rtsports.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=545

ByJoveByJingle
06-04-2005, 06:59 PM
Oh man! Anybody else see the "interview" with Winslow, Sr.? Any question (as if there ever was one) where Jr. got it from? :rolleyes:

I was just waiting for him to bust out the "I'm a soldier!" move. :cool:

JMarkJohns
06-05-2005, 12:38 AM
I would like to see this. I've read where Senior is a class act, but from recent rumblings, I've started to paint a different picture.

I hate Junior and I hope that Senior gets a reality-check and clocks Li'l' K...

WildcatPaulG
06-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Senior acted like a total dipsh*t yesterday... I was rolling on the ground when I heard him talk to the press like that...

BJBJ has it right... there's no question where II gets his attitude from...

bleedzgreen
06-05-2005, 07:37 PM
do soldiers usually have daddy come stick up for him?

daddy is a little prick too...the apple doesnt fall from the tree.

TDog
06-07-2005, 04:24 PM
That chick's fat.

WildcatPaulG
06-07-2005, 04:30 PM
That post had to be, quite possibly, the most random thought ever posted on these forums.

TDog
06-07-2005, 04:45 PM
She is fat.

WildcatPaulG
06-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Seriously... TDog :rolleyes:... what the hell are you talking about?

EDIT: Never mind. I realize that you must be talking about Mosh Girl. Just a suggestion. Be a little more specific next time, so that you don't look like you're just spewing out random thoughts...

TDog
06-07-2005, 05:25 PM
My bad. I was looking at the first page and hit "Reply". I didn't realize that a post would land on the third page. Now I see how it looked random. Yes, that's the chick I was talking about.

WildcatPaulG
06-07-2005, 05:27 PM
Another piece of advice... don't dis on JMarkJohn's Mosh Girl... he'll open a can of whoop ass on ya! :roll:

TDog
06-07-2005, 05:34 PM
Not too concerned with this character you speak of. ;)

She's fat!!! :)

WildcatPaulG
06-07-2005, 07:07 PM
Question, T-Dog. Did you happen to push the "Disapprove" button when you repped me for that post?