PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Cats

DevilFan
05-17-2005, 11:30 AM
Hello,

I'm a lifelong ASU fan and I just wanted to say congrats on the butt whipping you put on us this weekend. I really admire Coach Lopez and what he has done with your program. You should be very happy to have him as your coach. Back when Jim Brock passed away, Lopez was the guy I wanted ASU to hire, and I now feel vindicated in my belief that he is a first-rate coach. Good luck the rest of the way, and represent the PAC well in the postseason.

ByJoveByJingle
05-17-2005, 11:43 AM
Wow . . . thanks! Different brand of ASU baseball fans, I guess. Very nice.

LikesMikey
05-17-2005, 02:00 PM
it's a Cat fan posing as a sun devil, way too nice to be one of them.

DevilFan
05-17-2005, 04:25 PM
it's a Cat fan posing as a sun devil, way too nice to be one of them.

That's pretty good. Rest assured, I'm a Sun Devil. In my opinion, both sides have fans that are complete jerks and both sides have lots of fans that are all class. I strive to be one in the latter group. As a baseball fan, I simply respect the job that Lopez has done and hope that all of you appreciate what you have.

ScummyHater
05-18-2005, 06:41 PM
Well, this is something new. A respectful, honest, Sundevil. He's right. Lopez has done a fantastic job. Especially with the pitchers. UA has always had the bats, but now he's getting the arms and he knows when to pull/put in pitchers. I'm a big fan of his now. I hope he doesn't use this as a stopping point on to UCLA, Stanford, or LSU. He's very good for the program and UA as a whole.

And to the Sundevil fan. Brock was a legend. I hate ASU, but respected the heck out of him. However, I don't view Mr. Murphy in the same light. He's had a good program and is a decent coach, but he's a shady character. And boy was it nice to finally see UA win a series for the year against you guys. You've had our number for too long. I think the rivalry will heat up again among the fans if UA continues to win for another year or so. Those games should all be sold out.