PDA

View Full Version : Fullerton on the ropes

Jason Scheer
06-12-2005, 09:06 PM
Fullerton's pitching has failed them..ASU leads with about two innings to go...Sucks it may be ASU but good for the Pac

SunDevilScott
06-12-2005, 10:25 PM
Fullerton looked like Tyson...

Ezsuds81
06-12-2005, 10:32 PM
Congrats to the Devils, :)

On to Omaha :smokin:

Represent the PAC well!!

Auercat
06-12-2005, 10:36 PM
ASU was nails and Fullerton could not handle the pressure. Credit to Murphy and The Devils. They got it done when it matters.

Bearing Down on 2 Pac Ten Teams Doing Well in Omaha

Auercat

cactuscat62
06-12-2005, 11:18 PM
Way to go ASU...way to represent the PAC!

I kept telling my wife "No... we want ASU to win." But...she would have nothing to do with it. She hates them with a passion. She's great at the football games..."Go get 'em' honey!!" :)

Class of 1990
06-12-2005, 11:47 PM
Good for the PAC. Even with CFS winning it all last year it was good. The West coast needs to continue to proof to ESPN that we rule college baseball.

Arizona St. 9, Cal St.-Fullerton 8

June 12, 2005
FULLERTON, Calif. (AP) -- Joe Persichina hit a tiebreaking homer in the seventh inning and Arizona State rallied from a five-run deficit and hung on to eliminate defending national champion Cal State-Fullerton with a 9-8 win in the NCAA Super Regional Sunday.

The Sun Devils, who lost the first game of the best-of-three super regional series when a balk was called during an intentional walk, advanced to the College World Series in Omaha, Neb., for the first time since 1998.

Persichina's solo shot gave Arizona State an 8-7 lead and J.J. Sferra drove in a run on a groundout in the top of the ninth.

Brett Bordes gave up a solo homer to Brett Pill leading off the bottom of the inning, but retired the next three batters for his fourth save. Jason Urquidez (10-4) won.

Tuffy Gosewisch had five hits and three RBIs to help the Sun Devils (39-23) come back from a 7-2 deficit.

Andrew Romine hit his first career homer to make it 7-5 in the sixth inning. Sergio Pedroza homered in the fourth for the Titans (46-18).

Vinnie Pestano (3-4) took the loss.

link (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaabb/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpdXY1cHNhBF9TAzk1ODYyNzk2BHNlYwN0 aA--?slug=ap-arizonast-calst-fullerton&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Jason Scheer
06-13-2005, 12:38 AM
Oregon St will be hard to eliminate and after seeing the other teams I truly believe they can win. With that being said Im picking Nebraska

The Big Fatty
06-13-2005, 04:09 PM
Good job, ASU....

Good luck in the....*cough, cough*.....um, nope I just can't do it.

Catharsis
06-16-2005, 12:39 AM
I am so impressed with the way Pat Murphy got his players to regroup after game one (a bogus way to lose I might add). If they can beat Nebraska, and I think they can, they've got a better shot than just about everyone to be playing for the championship. However, it's a home game for Nebraska as they will have A LOT of their fans there.

The PAC needs to represent and show these "experts" that college baseball is still and always through the west.