PDA

View Full Version : ASU is 3 wins from a National Championship

WilmasPimp
06-22-2005, 05:14 PM
Winner of Thursdays rematch between Florida and ASU goes on to the 3-game championship series.

Thanks again, Livengood! :flush

OJ Did It
06-22-2005, 05:57 PM
I hope they move along a rep the Pac-10. J, have you had a chance to watch them? Do you think they'll take Florida tommorow?

BibbysTowelDude
06-22-2005, 06:06 PM
Honestly I see a group of guys who shouldnt be where they are from a talent standpoint they were the 8th best team in this college world series, but the bounces are going there way and a 3 Home Run game from Larish propelled them to great heights, Florida should beat them 9 times out of ten but it appears it may be the breaks beating the field while ASU marches on....

ZONACAT
06-22-2005, 06:27 PM
When they win, will they carry Livengood off the field on their shoulders?

Thanks again Jim.

aicrag
06-22-2005, 06:49 PM
Really appreciate all your sentiments.
Signed,
JL Jimmy Livengood

Seriously, ASU is playing very well as a team. They have peaked at the right time and as a UA fan it does hurt to see them in the position we should be in. Any thing is possible and they have shown they can't be counted out until there is 3 outs recorded.

Ciao

Class of 1990
06-23-2005, 12:51 AM
Sigh.

Watching ASU success makes we wonder what the hell Livengood was thinking. Not to say we would be in ASU current spot. They are playing great. But the what ifs will continue for a long time especially if ASU wins it all.

wassupcats
06-23-2005, 03:08 AM
I definitely think you hit the nail on the head 90, had UA hosted the regional, they avoid playing Fullerton (at least for round one) and most-likely move on to the super regionals (where they again host). Then who knows from there..

Jason Scheer
06-23-2005, 05:07 AM
Agreed. It pains me to look at the scores by which we beat ASU. The quality of the teams this year were definitely down from what I remember

HermosaCat
06-23-2005, 11:45 AM
As much as I despise the Scummies, you have to pull for the Pac 10! Come on Scummies, win it all for the Pac 10!

God that was painful!

stewbacka
06-23-2005, 03:24 PM
Taking out Fullerton in Fullerton and Nebraska in Omaha shows they don't belong. It all has been bounces and luck it would be like a lower seed team in hoops taking out three number 1s on the way to the championship.

great run no matter when it ends

Ben Hansen
06-23-2005, 04:03 PM
I think it would be great to see ASU win the title.

Livengood is not ultimately to blame for Arizona's early exit...the fans are, and that should be obvious.

WilmasPimp
06-23-2005, 04:28 PM
Livengood is not ultimately to blame for Arizona's early exit...the fans are, and that should be obvious.

The budget problems in Livengood's Athletic Department didn't suddenly pop up because we weren't selling enough $4 tickets to baseball games.

If our Athletic Department wasn't broke our baseball team could easily be playing a baseball game in Omaha tonight. For that I blame Jim L., and not the fans.

stewbacka
06-23-2005, 04:36 PM
You know neither Livengood nor the fans hit, pitch or field. If you want blame someone besides the team blame the NCAA it has worked for Murphy

SunDevilScott
06-23-2005, 06:49 PM
It all has been bounces and luck it would be like a lower seed team in hoops taking out three number 1s on the way to the championship.

Great post Stew... I rooted for them that year. It was like a train wreck that I couldn't keep my eyes off.

bleedzgreen
06-23-2005, 07:19 PM
maybe i missed something...but why is it the fans fault for the UA team getting outperformed?

bleedzgreen
06-23-2005, 07:29 PM
maybe i missed something...but why is it the fans fault for the UA team getting outperformed?...or livingood?

WisconsinCAT
06-23-2005, 08:18 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't ASU's Athletic Department in worse shape than UofA's?

Remember an 18-1 win in the regular season don't me jack come post season.

Livengood needed to sack up and actually take the regional even if it was a losing venture.

BibbysTowelDude
06-23-2005, 08:55 PM
It was a ****ty Hire in John Mackovic that sucked the life out fans and revenue a like, in that I blame Jim Livengood.

bleedzgreen
06-24-2005, 04:29 PM
well....i guess today will be the last time we speak of the devils...i'm hoping

catgrad97
06-25-2005, 12:59 AM
It was a ****ty Hire in John Mackovic that sucked the life out fans and revenue a like, in that I blame Jim Livengood.

Actually, BTD, attendance for games at Sancet was ****ty before the Mack hire. I can only speak for the unfortunate Jerry Stitt era, but I worked/watched most of those games in '97 (his first year), and even the ASU games didn't sell out.

Attendance only went downhill after that, up to the Lopez hire.