PDA

View Full Version : TO to Raiders?

Dubbin
06-30-2005, 05:13 PM
Raiders may pursue Owens
USA Today
USA Today's John Czarnecki reports that the Raiders will likely give the Eagles a call if Terrell Owens is put on the trading block.

Could you imagine this? Most likely it would blow up in their face with Moss and Owens *****ing, but just imagine how good they could be if they both just shut up and play. Probably will never happen, but very interesting.

SnowCat
06-30-2005, 05:35 PM
I was just reading the rumor on Yahoo. This could backfire and be worse than Kobe-Shaq. Maybe closer to a kobe-Iverson pairing. Or worse. Think Kobe-Kobe on the same team!

Update: A report has surfaced that the Eagles are in negotiations with the Raiders on a trade that would send Owens to Oakland for Jerry Porter, according to ABC sports. Moss made his postition fairly clear;

Recommendation: Randy Moss told reporters Wednesday he could co-exist with Owens as long as he receives the number of passes he deserves. We doubt that the two receivers would get along in Oakland but the Eagles appear to be so upset with Owens that they would be willing to put the best two receivers in the league on the same team. This would initially cloud the value of both players but stay tuned for more rumors.

Schnebly
06-30-2005, 06:25 PM
Of course he's going there. It's like Anakin and the dark side... just a matter of when.

Schneb

bleedzgreen
07-01-2005, 04:24 PM
not gonna happen....eagles first have to give permission for TO and RosenSCAB to seek a trade.

They wont even allow TO to play summer league basketball.

mojoscowboys43
07-05-2005, 04:53 PM
Owens-Porter rumors skewered

By Adam Schefter
Special to NFL.com

(July 1, 2005) -- A rumor that makes as much sense as Philip Rivers to the 49ers for the No. 1 overall pick has made its rounds on the Internet: Terrell Owens to the Raiders for Jerry Porter.

Due to salary-cap constraints -- suffocating ones -- the trade could not be completed, no way. Yet in journalism school, the first thing they taught me was, "If your mother tells you she loves you, check it out."

Well, I'm still trying to confirm that my mother loves me, but I have confirmed something else. This trade is positively not happening.

This is the conclusion drawn from an e-mail floated to an Oakland front-office man about the possibility of a trade going through and T.O. and Randy Moss playing together.

The Raiders' official e-mailed response: "It's absolutely (B.S.). Do not think twice about it. Keep grilling."

Well, in that case, burger or brat?