PDA

View Full Version : NFL Preseason is way to long !

Class of 1990
08-07-2005, 10:41 PM
It seems to me that every year teams lose a player or two to injury during this time.

After all the mini camps and voluntary camps these guys should be in shape and know the play book. Give them a few weeks for timing.

Why can't they cut down the preseason down to 2 or 3 (Hall of Fame and the dumb Japan game) ? They make season ticket holders buy two extra meaningless games at the same regular season prices.

I think I rather have the season add two regular games and an extra bye week for all teams. The $$$ would be higher for all (players, owners and TV/Radio) and if these guys got hurt at least it would be in a game that counts. I know the owners would have to pay more salary but they would get it back greater in media rights.

Also I hate the preseason hype. The defenses always go half speed. The preseason games mean nothing.

chisox85
08-07-2005, 11:02 PM
I agree but sadly to get the preseason down to 2 or 3 games a lot of people would have to give up a lot of money. Same reason the BCS series will alwys have tons of ridiculous bowl games and no real tournament to settle things.Losing a star player or any player for that matter in preseason? If i'ma coach i don't play my stars who cares if you go 0- whatever?

Jason Scheer
08-08-2005, 04:16 AM
NFL preseason is almost as bad as the NBA summer camps

bhanson
08-08-2005, 10:58 AM
Used to be worse. When I was growing up preseason was 6 games and the regular season was 14.

bleedzgreen
08-08-2005, 11:00 PM
preseason is fine the way it is...

1. more football...aint nothing wrong with that.
2. the starters hardly play anyway.
3. most of the injuries occur in training camp when some teams play half assed, like the gnats jets scrim.
4. baseball is boring.

Chicat
08-28-2005, 12:45 AM
Are we seriously only in week 3 of the preseason? I've already lost interest in the NFL.

Just play some games that mean something already, will ya???