PDA

View Full Version : Bears already done

chisox85
08-12-2005, 10:34 PM
Rex Grossman broke his ankle today in the preseason game against the Rams. My Bears are already done. This just makes the point brought up by myself and others in a previous thread look so much better. The NFL preseason is too long and drawn out leading to too many injuries. Grossman's season is over for at least 4 months.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2132968

alieberman
08-12-2005, 10:47 PM
This is too cruel to be true. The Bears season is already in ruins. Usually that doesn't happen until week 3 of the regular season. This just sucks. Chad Hutchenson is now the starting qb. Oh boy.

chisox85
08-12-2005, 10:50 PM
Being a Bears fan hurts so bad. I was born the year they won the super bowl and may die before it happens again.

Morgan
08-12-2005, 11:19 PM
Orton looked pretty good in the first pre-season game but Rookie QB's in the NFL aren't a good idea.

Chicat
08-12-2005, 11:22 PM
Being a Rams fan living in Chicago is going to be rough . . .

Class of 1990
08-12-2005, 11:27 PM
My dad I think is not gonna watch any more games this season.

This is cruel football Gods.

alieberman
08-12-2005, 11:29 PM
The Bears message Boards are blowing up right now.

Class of 1990
08-12-2005, 11:32 PM
NFL Preseason is way to long ! (http://forum.goazcats.com/showthread.php?t=34610)

It seems to me that every year teams lose a player or two to injury during this time.

After all the mini camps and voluntary camps these guys should be in shape and know the play book. Give them a few weeks for timing.

Why can't they cut down the preseason down to 2 or 3 (Hall of Fame and the dumb Japan game) ? They make season ticket holders buy two extra meaningless games at the same regular season prices.

I think I rather have the season add two regular games and an extra bye week for all teams. The $$$ would be higher for all (players, owners and TV/Radio) and if these guys got hurt at least it would be in a game that counts. I know the owners would have to pay more salary but they would get it back greater in media rights.

Also I hate the preseason hype. The defenses always go half speed. The preseason games mean nothing.

chisox85
08-12-2005, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the link. I knew we had already discussed this.

alieberman
08-12-2005, 11:46 PM
I don't really buy the argument that cutting down on pre season games would lesson injuries any. Injuries are going to happen, there is no way to stop them. In a way having Grossman's injury so early is better than if it happened during week 2 of the regular season. At least now they can have Hutchinson practice with the 1st team and start looking for a veteran free agent before the season starts.

Class of 1990
08-12-2005, 11:53 PM
From RotoWorld:

Tom Brady is one of many Patriots regulars who will not play in their preseason opener.
Rohan Davey will start.
Deion Branch will also rest despite being healthy.

Possibly Vinny Testaverde coming aboard ?

alieberman
08-13-2005, 12:06 AM
To who? The Bears?

I hope not. Vincent Green-Ball has nothing left in the tank.

hoopsbwc34
08-13-2005, 01:04 AM
The Bears message Boards are blowing up right now.

chisox85...stumbled on a pretty good bears fan site: bearsboards.com... just thought I'd pass it along.

I've got two good friends that are Bears fans, and even though I'm a Lions fan (I'd aplogize but they always suck!) I usually found myself pulling for Wade and Briggs.

TheOriginalAZ
08-13-2005, 06:48 AM
This news sucks. I lived in Chicago the last 2 years and believed Grossman had some potential. I had to suffer watching the Bears pathetic offense last year, it was one of the worst I've ever seen. Adding Grossman, Muhammad and Benson seemed like a big lift to the offense. Now Grossman is hurt and Benson hasn't even signed yet. At least my Cowboys will be improved. It sucks that I'm now living in Redskins territory though.

chisox85
08-13-2005, 11:15 AM
The Bears defense should be stingy this year my guess is giving up an average of 14-21 points per game. But sadly with Rex out their offense will average between 7 and 10 points per game.

chisox85
08-13-2005, 02:42 PM
Another player just went down to a preseason injury. Looks like the Lions RB will be working harder for a couple months.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp05/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2133307

HASSstafa05
08-13-2005, 04:02 PM
no rex-kwon-do this year..is it that big of a deal? Rex is still an unproven QB in this league.

Footballjunkie
08-14-2005, 01:12 AM
The Bears are going to have to give up next years #1 and possibly a #2 to get a top quality QB to saave their season and Lovie Smith's butt.

IMHO they need to make a play for Phillip Rivers in San Diego.

alieberman
08-14-2005, 01:24 AM
There is no way the Bears give up a #1 pick let alone a 1 and 2 for someone's backup qb. Not going to happen. And Lovie is not in any trouble in Chicago. Their GM Angelo could be in trouble though for not getting a vet backup qb in the offseason. They could have gone after Warner or Garcia but instead Angelo decided getting another qb was not a priority. That is now biting him in the ass.

Worst case scenerio, the Bears have a disaster of a year and are in line to draft Matt Leinert next year. Although I still cannot see them being worse than either Cleveland or Miami and they both are in dire need for a qb so Leinert will most likely go to one of them.

bleedzgreen
08-16-2005, 01:09 AM
the bears are fine at qb, the back ups have starting experience after last yr in the 2nd yr of the system. they are a running team as well.

if the bears need another qb it will be a free agent like Jeff Blake. He would be a good fit and is underrated.