PDA

View Full Version : The Birds with no TO take on the steelers

KrazyCatFan
08-15-2005, 05:06 PM
From NFL.COM

Philadelphia at Pittsburgh (Monday, ESPN, 8 p.m. ET): A matchup of 2004 championship game teams and two of the NFL's most exciting quarterbacks.

Last year, thanks to these two teams, Pennsylvania became the first state in NFL history to host NFL Championship Games in the same season. The Eagles moved on to the Super Bowl.

Monday will be the first 2005 action for two of the NFL's premier quarterbacks. The Eagles' Donovan McNabb last season joined Ken Stabler, Jim Kelly and Troy Aikman as the only QBs since 1970 to take their teams to four or more consecutive championship games. The Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger in 2004 set the NFL record for most consecutive wins by a rookie quarterback to start a career (13). He was named Associated Press' NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year.

Other interesting games this week: New England prepares to defend its Super Bowl XXXIX title (Friday at Cincinnati)...Romeo Crennel coaches his first game as Cleveland's new head man (Saturday vs. the New York Giants)...J.P. Losman sees his first action as Buffalo's new starting quarterback (Saturday at Indianapolis)...the man Losman replaced, Drew Bledsoe, plays his first game as Dallas' new starter (Saturday at Arizona)...and Baltimore gets a chance to test its new/old "46 defense" against Michael Vick and the Falcons (Saturday at Atlanta).

Panthers to retire Mills' No. 51

The Carolina Panthers will retire the No. 51 jersey of their late linebacker and coach Sam Mills this Saturday when they host Washington. Mills died of cancer on April 18. He is the first Panthers player to have his number retired.

bleedzgreen
08-16-2005, 01:11 AM
jsut a preseason game...Eagles did a great job showing that the receivers are capable of getting off press and getting open. no dropped passes as well. Eagles D was impressive as well.

by the end of the 1st, I totally forgot about....errr....whats that guys name....BO, DO, TO....something.

KrazyCatFan
08-16-2005, 10:59 AM
I agree with you, with it just being preseason the eagles offensive did well with out oewns. i do have to say 14 points given up by the first string D in the first half. think it was good to see d mac settle down after his first pass of the season was a touchdown for the other team.